New toy.. again..

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
I've been waiting to find a milling machine for ages.. finally got one that should do the job

Head is upside down for transport

Looks like a beauty Nesi, very substantial, would be very rigid. What sort of power source?
I have had a Chinese mill for about 15 years. It does the job pretty well, comes in very handy, mostly basic stuff like boring bigger holes in thick metal and facing. Did it come with much tooling? I have a rotary table that I use a bit for drilling holes for studs in blank hubs. I can just buy the blank hub for farm trailers then use whatever wheels I can scrounge and drill the studs to suit. All basic stuff but very handy.

Ken

Can't wait to see what you make with it.........It is a pretty blue so it want need paint.

Nice, would love to have one in my shed. Ive never used one and wouldn't know where to start but would love to learn. I do know i have lots of bits I'd like to skim a nice new face on. Muck around with my drill press as a mill but to have the real McCoy would be great.

wbvs58 said:
Looks like a beauty Nesi, very substantial, would be very rigid. What sort of power source?
I have had a Chinese mill for about 15 years. It does the job pretty well, comes in very handy, mostly basic stuff like boring bigger holes in thick metal and facing. Did it come with much tooling? I have a rotary table that I use a bit for drilling holes for studs in blank hubs. I can just buy the blank hub for farm trailers then use whatever wheels I can scrounge and drill the studs to suit. All basic stuff but very handy.

Ken
it's 3 phase, it came with a pretty new rotary inverter as well.. I was going to run it on a solid state inverter but I figured since this is all wired up, I'll just run it this way for now, maybe swap over later if I feel the need to

These mills are about the size that's good for a farm shop, the "mill drills" and such are VERY limited in capacity since they just don't have the rigidity to hold the tool, and rigidity is everything when machining

I think I posted this one before.. it was cheap and I couldn't pass it up, needs a bit of work, a heck of a beast weighing in a 5500 lbs.. haven't gotten it in the shop yet, that'll have to wait until I'm at least close to having it running

Redgully said:
Nice, would love to have one in my shed. Ive never used one and wouldn't know where to start but would love to learn. I do know i have lots of bits I'd like to skim a nice new face on. Muck around with my drill press as a mill but to have the real McCoy would be great.

If you think you'll ever get a lathe or milling machine, one of the best youtube channels I've found relating pretty much only to machining tips and tricks is Joe Pieczynski.

Bridgeport is a great brand. You'll spend just as much money on cutters and tooling as you doo on the mill, but good to have in the shop.

WFfarm said:
Bridgeport is a great brand. You'll spend just as much money on cutters and tooling as you doo on the mill, but good to have in the shop.

Ain't that the truth!.. I'd like to find a bulk box of HSS cutters from a shop closing down or something, and then have a few carbide ones for hard cutting... Probably also want some specialty cutters.. T slot cutter, 45* and a dovetail cutter.. I'll probably make a few of my own as well

It has a Kwik switch collet, it's REALLY nifty, 1/4 turn to release, put the other holder in and it snaps into place, and it comes with enough holders that if you have complex operations, you can have a spot drill in one, pilot drill in another, main drill, countersink, and then a tap.
I'll need to make a holder for them all though

Latest posts