new to cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

stefy1066

Reaction score
Hi, I have been reading the boards for a while and love them. I live just north of Boston, MA. I am a small farmer. I have 2 cows, a horse, a dog, 3 rabbits, and 2 cats. My cows are 2 Holstein Bulls that I got at 3 days and banded at 1 week. I bottle fed them and got them on a bucket and grain at about 2 months. They are now 7 months old and only know me and each other. They are basically "pets". I know most of you real farmers will think I'm crazy, but I love my "boys" My question is what and how much to feed them? I am giving them grain (coarse 14) in the am. plus 2 flakes each of good hay. in the pm. just more hay. I plan to either sell them at a year, or maybe beef them. Is this enough feed? also will they stay as friendly as they are now? Yankee Farmgirl.

stefy1066":1fwfcnbs said:
Hi, I have been reading the boards for a while and love them. I live just north of Boston, MA. I am a small farmer. I have 2 cows, a horse, a dog, 3 rabbits, and 2 cats. My cows are 2 Holstein Bulls that I got at 3 days and banded at 1 week. I bottle fed them and got them on a bucket and grain at about 2 months. They are now 7 months old and only know me and each other. They are basically "pets". I know most of you real farmers will think I'm crazy, but I love my "boys" My question is what and how much to feed them? I am giving them grain (coarse 14) in the am. plus 2 flakes each of good hay. in the pm. just more hay. I plan to either sell them at a year, or maybe beef them. Is this enough feed? also will they stay as friendly as they are now? Yankee Farmgirl.
since they are 7 months old id be feeding them 8lb of grain ea a day.an increse them to 12 to 15lbs a day of feed very slowly.an free choice hay.

I have tried everything.... My pics show up in the gallery, but I want to share them with everyone. HOW??????

stefy1066":1v2amxrq said:
I have tried everything.... My pics show up in the gallery, but I want to share them with everyone. HOW??????
look on ea board theres how tom post pics an such thumb tacked on the diff board areas.

Latest posts