New stock trailer question

Help Support CattleToday:

brw

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new stock trailer. Looking at Delta Cattleman trailer, Gooseneck, and Cirlce W made in Alabama .... also looking at roofs why do so many run with tarp and not metal roof I was thinking metal roof ....and the rubber floor in place of wood ...any advice?

Not a fan of rubber floor, I much prefer wood with cattle panel down.

Sorry I don't have any experience with the brands you mentioned.

No experience with any of the brands mentioned. And I 've never heard of a stock trailer with a tarp roof. :???:
99% of trailers I have seen have a metal roof and the rest have no roof at all. Most of those trailers are homemade.

I have a 16' WW bumper pull and a 20' Titan gooseneck. Both steel trailers with wood floors and rubber mats. Keep them clean inside and out of manure and road salt and they will last a long time.

My dream trailer would be aluminum with a non-slip type rubber floor. Not the hard slick plastic type floor.

Lots of Delta and Gooseneck around MO. If I could afford the rubber floor I'd look into it. Same with a roof, I'd prefer metal but many tarp covered around here. I have one of each with the tarp needing replaced on the tarped Gooseneck brand. I doubt that will happen so it will just have a barred roof. May be a stupid answer but buy the best you can afford. If you take care of it it will last many years.

brw":3ahcngkf said:
I am looking to buy a new stock trailer. Looking at Delta Cattleman trailer, Gooseneck, and Cirlce W made in Alabama .... also looking at roofs why do so many run with tarp and not metal roof I was thinking metal roof ....and the rubber floor in place of wood ...any advice?

In my research and talking to everyone I would want the rubber floor
One dealer said he doesn't even stock wood anymore as the rubber last so much longer and nobody wants wood, also the rubber has extra bracing under it making stouter floor
My preference is bar top with a tarp but to each his own
I don't know the brands you listed other than gooseneck but IMO the Neckover is a little stouter built

I'm not a fan of a delta brand trailer. They are a lighter,cheaper trailer, and cheaper made. I am a big fan of gooseneck brand trailers, they are heavy made and built to last. They also hold their resale really well. I'm also a big fan of CM brand trailers. They are a good heavy made trailer also. I have a goose-neck brand
and a CM brand stock trailer. Have no gripes about either. I also like a rag top trailer. They don't rust,and the rag top trailers are cheaper. You can replace the rag tops for $300

I second the CM trailers, I've got bumper pull that is stout built and everything works smooth
I just haven't seen a g/n CM I like
Just to add in case you haven't thought about it, for ease of changing flats I sure like torsion opposed to spring axles

I would go with the circle W or the gooseneck, I like a tarp top and my next trailer will have the rubber floor, I haven't seen a negative to the rubber floor and as far as I know it won't rot. Torshion axles are a must imo also. I haul cattle 3 days a week or more and that's my opinion.

What kind of rubber floor are you guys talking about? When we bought our trailer it had rubber mats down on top of the wood, and after a few mins of manure and urine it was like glass. I hauled a load of steers home once and one had fell and couldn't get enough grip to stand so it just laid there the whole trip. After that I pulled them out and put down cattle panel and it hasn't been an issue since.

I have a trailer with the rumbar floor and it is great.

http://www.rumber.com/boards/horselivestocktrailer.html

this is what the boards look like

horselivestock_13.jpg

When you cover the top of your trailer you capture all of the ammonia and gases from the manure and urine and the trailer will rust out much quicker. An open top sitting in the sunshine will dry out and not rust out as quick as a closed top will. How often are you hauling something that needs protection from the elements.

I have a Circle W aluminum. I would buy another aluminum, just not this brand. Lots of welds have broken. It has a rubber floor but is not cleated and is slick. I like the floor but put bars over it for better grip. It is canvas top which I prefer. It seems cooler in the summer. Of your three choices I would buy a Gooseneck. If money is not an object, buy a Gooseneck aluminum. They hold their value very well.

Latest posts