New Rebel Balers from Vermeer...

Help Support CattleToday:

OklaBrangusBreeder

Reaction score
Looks like Vermeer has come out with a new/improved Rebel Baler series?

* Looks like the 5410 replaces the former 5400.
* I guess that means we can expect a 5510 soon as well?

http://www.vermeerag.com/equip/5410rbaler.html

While I have yet to own one, I've always thought the Vermeer Rebel baler line offers a cost affordable solution for smaller farmers wanting to bale their own hay. Glad to see the new series hit the market.

Interesting. Does anyone know what a 5500 goes for..? Just a ballpark figure. I've been looking at the JD 535's....and they're bringing $10k and they're 10 years old. :shock:

WHERE's the BEEF?

Not in New Holland, Not in John Deere, Not in Hesston but here comes the New 4700 Lbs Vermeer Rebel 5410 round baler. A 1000 LBS more baler that any of the other light weights for Thousands of $$$ less, $6,000 less than the Deere 458 Standard round baler that has less features and less steel. Yes the Rebel 5410 is the only standard 5x4 round baler on the market with Net Wrap. No expensive monitor is needed to control the net wrap.
Also the Rebel has drop and go, you'll never have to turn your PTO off to drop a bale with the Rebel 5410 baler.
Pull it with a 40HP tractor and save fuel $$$.
Just what you'd expect from Vermeer, the leader in round baler technology.

spec.jpg

ironpeddler":3ry98ohd said:
WHERE's the BEEF?

Not in New Holland, Not in John Deere, Not in Hesston but here comes the New 4700 Lbs Vermeer Rebel 5410 round baler. A 1000 LBS more baler that any of the other light weights for Thousands of $$$ less, $6,000 less than the Deere 458 Standard round baler that has less features and less steel. Yes the Rebel 5410 is the only standard 5x4 round baler on the market with Net Wrap. No expensive monitor is needed to control the net wrap.
Also the Rebel has drop and go, you'll never have to turn your PTO off to drop a bale with the Rebel 5410 baler.

spec.jpg

Does this look like advertising to anyone else???????

Not advertising so much... someone inquired, and it looks like Ironpeddler gave a cut and paste on the spec sheet and a bit of info. He didn't start a thread saying "buy from me".. just my opinion.

Michele

Everyone on here has an opinion. Some may simply say XYZ is the best, which may be accurate. But some will support their opinions with personal experiences, statistics, facts and promotional material available to the public. If one purchased a new tractor and lauded it's features is that an advertisement? NO but Just where is the line drawn?

Last time I priced a Vermeer 5400 (about a year ago), it was running about $13,800. I expect the new model might be similar, although perhaps a bit more expensive.

Ironpeddler,
Thanks fo your input and information. I always look forward to your insite on Vermeer as well as other products.

Good to have someone that knows their product !! If advertising was involved there'd be a bunch of folks in trouble - including me. Love them baldy cattle!!!!

Sorry, I just noticed the question was asking the price for the model 5500...

That goes for about another $2,000 or so over the model 5400.

I think around $15,750 last I checked.

ironpeddler":21fep870 said:
WHERE's the BEEF?

So I take it that a guy can purchase one of these vermeer 5410 5x4 round balers for around 10,400.00, John Deere web site sells standard 458 5x4 for 16,400.00

spec.jpg

Sorry my last post didnt take, I was asking Iron Peddler if the Vermeer Rebel 5x4 round baler run around 10,400.00, The standard 458 5x4 round baler on the John Deere web site is priced at 16,400

rws":1ddn8rs8 said:
Sorry my last post didnt take, I was asking Iron Peddler if the Vermeer Rebel 5x4 round baler run around 10,400.00, The standard 458 5x4 round baler on the John Deere web site is priced at 16,400

Price the John Deere 458 with net wrap & hay saver wheels and there is $6,000 different in the list prices. Prices Straight from johndeere.com

Configured Features - Required
BASE MACHINE JD458 $20,492.00
1810E 458 Round Baler

PACKAGES In Configuration
0803 Regular Pickup, 31 x 13.5-15 In. Tires, and CoverEdge Surface Wrap

31 x 13.5-15 In. Tires, Regular Pickup, and CoverEdge Wrapping System (Codes 2020, 3000, and 5500) will automatically be added along with the associated incremental pricing for each.

TIRES $353.00
2020 31 x 13.5-15 In. 8 PR Tires

PICKUPS - FACTORY INSTALLED In Base Price
3000 Regular Pickup

Includes Gate Crop Deflector when ordered WITH CoverEdge Surface Wrap (Code 5500). See Gate Crop Deflector Kit (BE31105) in 'Attachments for Field Conversion' section for orders LESS CoverEdge Surface Wrap (Code 5595).

SURFACE WRAPPING SYSTEM - FACTORY INSTALLED $4,481.00
5500 CoverEdge Surface Wrap

Configured Features- Optional

Qty Code Description Price
1 9014 Variable Core Valve $282.00

1 9005 Slip Clutch Alert and Automatic Compensation $229.00

1 9002 Gathering Wheels

Balers with Regular and MegaTooth Pickup ONLY. $1,135.00

Configured Price: $26,972.00

ironpeddler":38ff58sm said:
Everyone on here has an opinion. Some may simply say XYZ is the best, which may be accurate. But some will support their opinions with personal experiences, statistics, facts and promotional material available to the public. If one purchased a new tractor and lauded it's features is that an advertisement? NO but Just where is the line drawn?
You have my apologies, I thought that you were a Vermeer dealer.

He IS a Vermeer dealer, but that's ok. Everyone has an opinion.

In my opinion, John Deere is the way to go. It may cost more up front but resale value is higher down the road.
Every commercial hay producer that I know around here uses John Deere balers. Customers demand that their hay be baled with JD balers.
The surface wrap goes over the edge.
The Bale Command computer lets you tell it how many times to wrap it with net, and whether or not the net actually wrapped the bale. Can the Vermeer do that?

BTW, I had a 335 4x4 round baler for 12 years and 3 years ago I bought a 457 4x5 round baler.. Way to go John Deere........

Buy what you like but do your own research first...

I like the NH silage special balers, even if you don't make wet bales the extra bearings and other stuff that's made heavier is well worth it. They don't quit and I haven't clogged mine yet.

Latest posts