New member to the Family!!

Help Support CattleToday:

crittercrazy

Reaction score
We got a new dog, and he is just the sweetest!! Shep, is a 2yr old Blue Merle Australian Shepard.

100_2780.jpg

100_2790.jpg

100_2803.jpg

100_2798.jpg

100_2811.jpg

Thanks. He is great dog so far. I am hoping to teach him to round the cows up for me. He grew up on a farm, just no cows around. The former owners raised Alpacas. But he has met the cows, and seems very good around them. :cboy:

Beautiful dog! He will be your bestest friend! I think he's already smiling in one picture :)

Ahh way toooo cute ,good for you taking in an older dog .I bet you will have a loyal friend for many many years to come. :D

I like the first picture. He's smiling! Is he wild? I heard that Aussies are high strung. He sure is pretty.

Shep is a true sweetheart!! He is my best pal, he goes everywhere I go. He is the first dog I can truly trust off lead. He is a very laid back dog, not high strung at all. Heck my bloodhound mix is more high strung! LOL!! He is a fabulous additon to our family. :banana:

TNMasterBeefProducer":1i0b0yig said:
Looks like a try color to me. blue merles are dark blue and black with little to no white on their faces. I have a blue merle and it looks nothing like that. That is a try.
m...kind of funny. Every pic I have seen of a blue merle, most have brown and white in the face. Have you ever just looked up pics on google, give it a shot! You will be amazed! And "try" is actually spelled "Tri" By the way. But also, blue merles come in all varieties. There are so many different coat patterns it is hard o keep track. Also an excerpt from http://www.australianshepherds.org/rio.html

Blue Merle Australian Shepherd
Blue merle is a striking color which is made up of black spots of various sizes on a gray background. The shades of gray can range from light silver to dark smoke, and the black spots can be small specks to very large patches, creating a wide variety of interesting combinations. Blue merle Aussies may also have white markings on faces, chests, legs, and under parts. Copper points are also commonly seen on the face and legs. Aussies may be solid blue merle, blue merle and white, or blue merle, copper and white. Blue merle Aussies frequently have one or both eyes that are blue, or partially blue with marbling or flecks of blue and brown.

Not trying to be mean or anything, but i know what my dog is.

I have a Blue Merle female. Her registration papers identify her as a Blue Merle. She looks just like Shep ~ has quite a bit of white and some tan trim as well. Both of her eyes are blue. Chrisy mine is terribly well behaved, but can get really manic when someone mentions the word "ball". She rides in the truck wonderfully, listens when I take her places, ALWAYS comes when she is called and behaves very well around other people and dogs. I got her to work cattle. That is the one thing she will not do. Oh well ~ she is good enough.