My new buddy

Help Support CattleToday:

devonian

Reaction score
My first ever official dog, that I can call my own. I've had her for a week and she has destroyed almost everything she can (she literally broke my croc rip off shoes as I was typing this lol) the cat hates it and its been a nightmare cleaning up after it as it didn't come house trained which naively I thought it would, so I've wanted to rip its head off a few times but not really I love it already. But I still haven't got a name for it though (I want something a little obscure) so I've started looking at the spice rack for inspiration juniper? pepper? ginger? all seem good or maybe coir pronounced coy-a, its what doormats are made of apparently which I thought might be good as her hair reminds me of that stuff. Or maybe not, not sure really, if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to chip in.IMG_20230923_152401433_HDR.jpgIMG_20230923_160043857_HDR.jpgIMG_20230923_160100036.jpg

Looks like a terrier of some sort. How about "Digger"
Or if you like the spices, how about "Sage"? Her coat is kind of wooly like a sage leaf.

Looks like a terrier of some sort. How about "Digger"
Or if you like the spices, how about "Sage"? Her coat is kind of wooly like a sage leaf.
Yes its a border terrier, so it'll be a digger no doubt but I'm hoping its a little more chill than jack russels terriers (which the family have traditinally gone for) but not much sign of that so far. Sage is good I'll add it to the short list.

Just name it Dammit, cus from what you describe that is what you'll call it most of the time.

Dammit come. Dammit get down. Did you do this, Dammit?

Just kidding, maybe?

My first ever official dog, that I can call my own. I've had her for a week and she has destroyed almost everything she can (she literally broke my croc rip off shoes as I was typing this lol) the cat hates it and its been a nightmare cleaning up after it as it didn't come house trained which naively I thought it would, so I've wanted to rip its head off a few times but not really I love it already. But I still haven't got a name for it though (I want something a little obscure) so I've started looking at the spice rack for inspiration juniper? pepper? ginger? all seem good or maybe coir pronounced coy-a, its what doormats are made of apparently which I thought might be good as her hair reminds me of that stuff. Or maybe not, not sure really, if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to chip in.View attachment 35538View attachment 35539View attachment 35540
What is that green stuff she is sitting in ? 🤔

I do ; we are in level 3 drought . Our grass is dead and brown and after last weeks 20 degree temps it is done for the season. Good looking pup !

Just name it Dammit, cus from what you describe that is what you'll call it most of the time.

Dammit come. Dammit get down. Did you do this, Dammit?

Just kidding, maybe?
I went with Hazel in the end, but yeah its gets like that somedays, in England we use a derogatory word similar to 'twit' just swap out the vowel for another to get it and so she gets called that sometimes when she forgets the house is not a toilet, but we'll get there someday soon.

I went with Hazel in the end, but yeah its gets like that somedays, in England we use a derogatory word similar to 'twit' just swap out the vowel for another to get it and so she gets called that sometimes when she forgets the house is not a toilet, but we'll get there someday soon.
Hahah!

I got scolded pretty good here for using that word IN ITS PROPER CONTEXT.

Not necessarily a foul word. Some folk just don't have a dictionary. Apparently proper nomenclature no longer exists!

Back to the subject...
Wish I'd have seen your post sooner. I'd have named her Benjamin Franklin

Latest posts