New Mccormick Tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

Neighbor has one. He likes it real well.
We don't buy new. They will have to be pert near antiques before we own one. I like the looks of them too.
Lots ot buttons and levers and more lights than a decked out KW

I have to agree with you on the buttons, levers and lights there is a bunch but they do come in handy at times, kind of hard to get on to at first though.

We bought a McCormick MTX 125 about a 1 1/2 years ago. Hadn't had a lick of trouble with it. Very solid tractor with a lot of caseIH influence ( we always did like red) I believe its about 132 hp and 115-120pto hp. pulls a 15' drill and a 22' smoothing harrow with water in the tires and wheel wieghts. Very nice with the loader too. I might change my mind in 5 years but as for now I would deffinatly buy another one.

I forgot my password and had canceled my email so I guess I'm back to post #1

I've been taking a real close look at the McCormick line up. The way I understand it, from talking with the McCormick salesman and the service guys is that the MTX line is identical to the old CaseIH MX lineup, right down to the part numbers. The MX is a proven tractor series around these parts, so when I do buy a FWA tractor, its likely going to be a McCormick.

Rod

had one since April, an MTX 135 MFWD, used it with a Vermeer 605XL baler all summer as well as 8-bale retreiver, using it with a 5-bale processor this winter, we like it very well so far as it is operator friendly, priced competitively as compared to Case IH, John Deere, etc.

Boy isn't a new tractor fun? Can't say I have ever bought one new from a dealer though. I always heard the McCormicks were good. You guys let me know in about 10 years if you still think the same way. Only time will really test a tractor.

Some of these new tractors have gotten so fancy with the Euro headlamps, and Aerodynamic styling,I'm waiting for EPA stickers on em' telling City/ Hiway milage ratings ,that it would be ashamed to call em' tractors anymore. Who are they building them to suit anymore? Weekend warriors that drive BMW's? Some of the New Hollands look like they belong at the Detroit Auto Show. Not on the back 80.

Like trucks and breeds of cattle; tractor brands usually get the juices running. Can't believe I haven't read one bad thing about the McCormick. They must really be on to something!

whats the price range of the 100 horse mccormicks 4x4 CHA with a front end loader

Crowderfarms":1m9ghqak said:
Some of these new tractors have gotten so fancy with the Euro headlamps, and Aerodynamic styling,I'm waiting for EPA stickers on em' telling City/ Hiway milage ratings ,that it would be ashamed to call em' tractors anymore. Who are they building them to suit anymore? Weekend warriors that drive BMW's? Some of the New Hollands look like they belong at the Detroit Auto Show. Not on the back 80.

Cab? I wouldn't know what to do with a cab, AC. radio, and such. When it rains I'm usually not on the tractor. When it is cold I just put a heavy jacket on. When it is hot I just sweat a lot. Shoot it wasn't until about a year ago that I got a tractor that had working taillights. Don't know how long they will last though. As soon as they get in my way I will take a hammer to them and knock them off the fenders.:shock:

:lol: On both my 1130 Massey and 930 Case loader tractors, the headlights don't work. My father keeps harpin on me to fix them, but I figure if I had lights, I'd just have to work at night too.

No cab? Ugh. My first loader tractor was an 88 Massey gas, with no cab. When it was -40, wind a whistlin', it took more than a warm coat to convince me to get my butt on that unit.

Rod

i will try again whats some price info on the mccormicks around 100horse CHA with frontend loader

rws, I'm not trying to be cryptic, but why don't you just get onto Google and then the phone and ask a few dealerships in your general area about pricing? I don't imagine many folks on these boards have that info readily at hand, considering the relative newness of the line.

rws":34nhkh1t said:
i will try again whats some price info on the mccormicks around 100horse CHA with frontend loader

I would say you are looking at around $50,000 or so depending on who you are dealing with.

Case IH":3eqmlqiz said:
rws":3eqmlqiz said:

I would say you are looking at around $50,000 or so depending on who you are dealing with.
thanks case i figured if i was on here i might as well ask, call a dealer all they will give you is the high end of a bargaining price i would rather hear it from someone thats bought one recently

Just got my new McCormick CX 85 w/cab & 4wd delivered yesterday, . I looked at all colors before I purchased, I could have got A NH-TL90A a litte cheaper, but I just keep comming back to the McCormick, they seem to be the heaviest built tractors on the market and have alot of features that come standard.

Latest posts