New Low

Help Support CattleToday:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":c9ox3n1q said:
Alice":c9ox3n1q said:
I think Alice is still looking for that mystical "White Rabbit",remember that song?

Bwahahahahahahahahaha! Jefferson Airplane had it goin' on....hahahahahahahahahahaha!
You SURE are havin a hard time ignoring this thread. :lol:

I really am, aren't I. My bad.

Alice

S.R.R.":2r5t6lud said:
I am confused as to why you are so agianst me eating my own animals insted of buying my meat at the store?

My first guess would be that buying meat at the store allows one to live in a fantasy world and ignore the realties of how that meat got there in the first place. But that is just a guess.

Caustic this country bumpkin, wanna be hobby farmer has been busy planting garden (the garden now has: sweet corn, tomatoes, green peppers, pole beans, bush beans, broccoli, vidalia onions, cucumbers, squash, carrots, lettuce, radishes, beets, watermelon, cantaloupe and I'll have to edit this as I think of what else is in it) so I've been busy..... not to mention all the flower beds that need tending..... so as you can see I've not had the time to do a bunch of posting.... let me know when you'll be driving through Mo this summer and I'll be sure to have a "bag" of groceries from the garden for ya.

On the down side, my really nice cow (named Fancy yellow tag 104), charx .... I don't think she's bred and I'm hoping the mentor has to take something up to the vet pretty soon so I can have her preg checked..... my bad for not doing it last month when I had him do a pelvic exam on the heifers. If she's not bred, she'll just have to be a fancy cow in someone else's pasture, not mine. On the upside, my favorite cow, (Goldie, yellow tag 9295) had a nice red heifer calf on the 13th.

Caustic Burno":3scxe7a7 said:
Bullbuyer":3scxe7a7 said:
Caustic Burno":3scxe7a7 said:
I would almost welcome the cubicle cowboys or the hobby wannabes back, when they were not pretending to be John Chisolm there was at least a cattle discussion. We have digressed to why does calf poo stink and look at my ostrich's
Gotta bust ya' on this one Caustic. Who posted that stuff about fishin' last week ? I believe I even asked about some hushpuppies.
Catfish and ostrich meat - sounds like some new age , low fat diet food to me.
Just keepin' ya straight ol' buddy....

Bullbuyer that was on the Everthing board and you missed what we were trying to do. This Texan fellow needed fertilizer for his hay field. Some guy was trying to scalp him of fish heads and guts. Several of us were just trying to undercut the sale of organic fertilizer. ;-)

My mistake.
I try to stay away from that organic stuff - must be why I didn't read it very close ! (I'd rather buy the fertilizer than smell them fish heads/guts ! )

Caustic Burno":193v0z9c said:
Bullbuyer":193v0z9c said:
Caustic Burno":193v0z9c said:
I would almost welcome the cubicle cowboys or the hobby wannabes back, when they were not pretending to be John Chisolm there was at least a cattle discussion. We have digressed to why does calf poo stink and look at my ostrich's
Gotta bust ya' on this one Caustic. Who posted that stuff about fishin' last week ? I believe I even asked about some hushpuppies.

Bullbuyer that was on the Everthing board and you missed what we were trying to do. This Texan fellow needed fertilizer for his hay field. Some guy was trying to scalp him of fish heads and guts. Several of us were just trying to undercut the sale of organic fertilizer. ;-)

Now why would you folks try to hurt a family business like that? I am not asking anyone to buy my products, just to consider organics/sustainable ag. practices.
I am sure you would not like it if I came to your ranch and messed with your busniness or went to your job and tried to get you fired! Bottom line is that we are all trying to make a living in Ag. so we can provide for our families. So come on and tell me what do you have against me, my family and my products. Get it off your chests now, feel like the big men you are trying to make everyone belive you are and lets get it over with once and for all. I would like to express my opinion on this forum with out you MEN playing game.

To the folks monitoring these topics, I have complained to you before in private messages, now I am complaining here in the open, it is not hard to find these guys that are verbally attacking me, and here is a out right statement that they are doing it on purpose. So tell me would you like me to stay on this forum teaching folks about organics or would you rather have these MEN playing their little games? Just follow any of my messages and you can see the 6 or 7 that come after me everytime!

Ranchcop":1nh4cxs2 said:
To the folks monitoring these topics, I have complained to you before in private messages, now I am complaining here in the open, it is not hard to find these guys that are verbally attacking me, and here is a out right statement that they are doing it on purpose. So tell me would you like me to stay on this forum teaching folks about organics or would you rather have these MEN playing their little games? Just follow any of my messages and you can see the 6 or 7 that come after me everytime!

Relax. No one here attacked you that I could see.
Someone said they stay away from organics. Well there are a lot of people who say they stay away from anything not organic, so if that doesnt upset you then why should the other.
Maybe they were trying to make a joke about your organics, fine. No one took it as an attack though.

I kind of know how you feel, Ranchcop. When I said I wasn't particulary interested in hearing about rabbit heads being chopped off and chicken's feet being tied to keep them from running after their heads got lopped of, I got busted on for not appreciating how someone prefers to feed his family and living in a fantasy world about how meat eventually found it's way to the grocery store. I don't need a visual of rabbits heads flying and chickens flopping around slinging blood..I don't think it really ads anything to a conversation other than being made for shock value to belittle someone's take on something. Oh, and by the way to whomever it was who chided me about cleaning the geese, and ducks, and deer and whatever...I help my grandson and son-in-law with their fresh killed deer when they get one since they hunt on my farm. Turkey season is in effect here and I'm certain I'll pluck some feathers.

That said, I was really excited when I found this board. And I'm still excited when I learn something from it. There are wonderful, knowledgeable people here who have a great deal of information to impart. I am, however, very disappointed in the posturing and chest thumping by adults who seem to think it's ok, that it's in fact their duty, to belittle someone asking an honest question. I'm not talking about about the question asked about the "calf's feet sticking out for hours, what do I do"...that was indeed an absurd question. But there are questions and comments that do not deserve the ugly responses tossed back at them.

I, for one, have no interest in organic farming, however, I'm certain there are those that do...and I am certain you have as much right to express yourself as anyone else.

Take care and don't let the "hurrahs" get cha down.

Alice

I think the problem stems from not being able to HEAR what someone is saying. We've all been told "It's not what you say - it's how you say it." The problem with reading these messages is that you can't tell "how" someone meant what they wrote !

That being said - I would hope that no one in agriculture would be mean spirited enough to try and harm someone's "family business". I have been involved in livestock, crops, and vegetables all my life and with very, very few exceptions everyone I've ever met in the business has turned out to be pretty decent. Not to say that some of us aren't a little rough around the edges or set in our ways or only like a few select breeds of livestock or only like our brand of equipment.
We are also the first ones to extend a helping hand when things go bad for a fellow farmer / rancher / hobbyist / enthusiast !!!
SO - if me or my crusty co-horts have offended - I apologize.

Caustic Burno":3jgm7f7z said:

Why you're the only one that know's what they're doing.

Alice":15wcg5ag said:
Take care and don't let the "hurrahs" get cha down.

Alice

Alice; it is not all "hurrahs". Being a lady you probably wouldn't understand; but sometimes "Old Bulls" just like to butt heads!

Norris

MikeJoel":23ip6dzv said:
Ranchcop":23ip6dzv said:

Relax. No one here attacked you that I could see.
Someone said they stay away from organics. Well there are a lot of people who say they stay away from anything not organic, so if that doesnt upset you then why should the other.
Maybe they were trying to make a joke about your organics, fine. No one took it as an attack though.

I disagree. when a comment is made such as this "Several of us were just trying to undercut the sale of organic fertilizer." I find that as an attack on my family business. I dont go around saying that they are trying to sell a certian breed of cattle if they mention what breed of cattle they raise, that is their opinion and option to bread and talk about there interests and they should not be knocked for it. Same goes for me and Organics/Sustainable Ag.

Ranchcop i got nothing againts you and wish you well in the business. now having said that please just tell me you dont wear sandals i cant tolerate sandals ;-)

ALACOWMAN":61olbn5r said:
Ranchcop i got nothing againts you and wish you well in the business. now having said that please just tell me you dont wear sandals i cant tolerate sandals ;-)
Nope no sandals here, not that they might not be comfortable, but it would not be real smart when you are dealing with 600lb. 55 gallon drums of liquid fertilizer all day. Just might end up with a few less toes. Steel toe lace up ropers if you must know! :D ;-)

Seems we have finally reached the point where words now hurt. I always believed the old saying sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. Take those things that are said that are relevent to you and ignore the rest. C B keep up the post for I have seen some good advice. I have also read advice from a lot of others who know what they are talking about. It is very easy to pick out the wannabes if you just sit back and give them enough rope. JMO

lcupit":ooqlggwc said:
Seems we have finally reached the point where words now hurt. I always believed the old saying sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. Take those things that are said that are relevent to you and ignore the rest. C B keep up the post for I have seen some good advice. I have also read advice from a lot of others who know what they are talking about. It is very easy to pick out the wannabes if you just sit back and give them enough rope. JMO

Excellent point, Larry. Reading through this thread, and seeing all the dander getting ruffeld, I can just picture ole CB kicked back laughin his be nice off. :)

Ranchcop":2m35k8ws said:
ALACOWMAN":2m35k8ws said:
Nope no sandals here, not that they might not be comfortable, but it would not be real smart when you are dealing with 600lb. 55 gallon drums of liquid fertilizer all day. Just might end up with a few less toes. Steel toe lace up ropers if you must know! :D ;-)

Yup, new low, now we are talkin about Brads fish stained footware. If he was walkin in a ditch, could we get any lower?

Advertising on the cattle boards must be going well, even a lesser man ( and I think Brad made it clear we are all pretty much lesser men ) than you Brad could move a lot of drums in a day! Seven days a week, 12 hours a day! How many tons of fish guts is that over a year?

You save your pennies you may buy a cow soon!

( Please note that nowhere in this post was Brads' family mentioned, let alone threatened ). :lol: :lol:

Ranchcop":3ey9zijt said:
Caustic Burno":3ey9zijt said:
Bullbuyer":3ey9zijt said:
Caustic Burno":3ey9zijt said:

Now why would you folks try to hurt a family business like that? I am not asking anyone to buy my products, just to consider organics/sustainable ag. practices.
I am sure you would not like it if I came to your ranch and messed with your busniness or went to your job and tried to get you fired! Bottom line is that we are all trying to make a living in Ag. so we can provide for our families. So come on and tell me what do you have against me, my family and my products. Get it off your chests now, feel like the big men you are trying to make everyone belive you are and lets get it over with once and for all. I would like to express my opinion on this forum with out you MEN playing game.

Unless they are calling you bad names, or making threats to you personally, (even though Kung Fu master got away with that even) then quit whining and fight your own battles! Bet you were one of those kids that told the teacher if Jimmy teased you?

I personally do not see the big deal with CB's (aka God of this site) smoke and mirrors. For all I know he could be selling womens shoes at Nordstroms with a handy cattle book at his side waiting to set the bait. And even more important, I couldn't care less.

When it's time for the hobby ranchers like myself to learn something there are a number of people on here that give FREE advice, which is appreciated, without shooting there mouth off. He is like that kid in the grocery store that wont shut up.
IMHO
CW

Latest posts