New Holland TS 110 advice

Help Support CattleToday:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
I started doing some plowin and was getting tractors serviced and makin sure every thing worked that old blue tractor of mine wont blow cold air,R12 leaked out over the winter,and since R12 is damn near unobtainible Im thinkin bout changing it to R134 ? any advice would be appreciated as to how to proceed,I know the government likes to se the old refrigerant reclaimed but I dont think there is any left,so was thinkin about the new R134,never have done this and I sure dont want to burn up the compressor,I know you need to put oil back in them and I think that is where you gotta be careful,as the oils dont mix ?
I only need the a/c workin when Im round balin,damn hard to stay in a cab without a/c when the temps are 100+
thanks & good luck

Vacuum the system and put the 134 in. I've done this and had the system work for at least a couple years. Some of my equipment was switched and never had a problem. Others the pump did lock up after a few seasons. I mean if you have to switch it all over why not just use your current system until it fails? The 134 is cheap so it isn't a huge loss if it does leak out over the winter.

Had mine switched over several years ago as the compressors locked up. I think they make "change over kits" that contain the new line fittings and stuff that needs replacing along with the stuff to "clean" lines.

Does seem to be a shame to toss out a good compressor, but I guess at some point you can spend more on the R12 and system maintenance than than a conversion cost. Last one I had done at the dealership cost $1200.00 to do. Just putting on new compressors ran $800. Needless to say, I have since watched and learned to change compressors myself.

Like novaman, my neighbor used the 134 in the old system till it locked up and then did the system change.

Guess I should add mine and his were green paint.

Thanks men for the advice...........I found some R12,didnt think it was still around,but its $35 a can,probably go that route,I dont have a vacume pump,would'nt know how to use it if i did,but i can dump a can of R12 in it.
good luck

HAY MAKER":2p97jge8 said:
Thanks men for the advice...........I found some R12,didnt think it was still around,but its $35 a can,probably go that route,I dont have a vacume pump,would'nt know how to use it if i did,but i can dump a can of R12 in it.
good luck

:lol: That is evidence of your outstanding luck (or lack of cabs). :D I went thru a series a few years ago where we replaced the compressor on one tractor 3 times within 13 months. Thankfully the parts store was making good on them and replacing them, however it was still costing me a mechanic to put them on. By the time we put the third one on I made a point of watching the process a bit more closely and did some "studying" internet style. This held the 4th at bay for a number of years till I took a chance and put one on myself. So far so good. 8)

:???:

:?

:(

:cry:

:cry2:

:|

So......you want to head over next week to help me put one on that is surley going to blow up now. :lol:

Angus Cowman":3e4l3w36 said:
No trying to sound like a SmartA$$ but your TS110 should of already had the 134a in it from the factory
You aint no smarta$$,all I had to do was read the owners manual a little,plus when I looked at the compressor it was plainly stamped R134a :oops: :oops:
thanks for the reply and good luck

PS Bought the R134a kit about $24 and it worked like a charm :nod:

HAY MAKER":82357u39 said:
Angus Cowman":82357u39 said:
No trying to sound like a SmartA$$ but your TS110 should of already had the 134a in it from the factory
You aint no smarta$$,all I had to do was read the owners manual a little,plus when I looked at the compressor it was plainly stamped R134a :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

HAY MAKER":3oq0frjl said:
Angus Cowman":3oq0frjl said:

check the pressure switch it is the most common place for them to leak I have hadto replace a couple of them on my TS's it is always the one down by the compressor

Latest posts