New hay barn

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve":18lfrs5c said:
Sounds like you can pay for a shed in 6 to 7 years storing decent quality hay, so why don't more folks put up a building???

Even if you do not have the money in the bank- - the savings could make an annual payment and at the end of 7 years you have the shed and a slightly higher property tax?
Easier said than done. Buildings are not cheap to put up. Even with a quick payback it can be very risky with the poor economic conditions of late.

novaman":1l0r0mv5 said:
Easier said than done. Buildings are not cheap to put up. Even with a quick payback it can be very risky with the poor economic conditions of late.

I agree it can be risky depending on if collateral is needed, how much your herd size varies, and when Obamanomics crashes. I have focused on paying down debt the last two years so I am not excited about a loan.

I had a 40 x 64 x 14 with one side closed in quoted for $16,500 from a quality builder. I don't have that much spare change so I will have to see about terms...

You could always build half of it now and the other half later. That way when you get the price on the second half a few years from now you could say: " I had that last section built for half of that." :shock:

Latest posts