new farm citizen

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Well, after 4 cat-less years on the farm, we broke down and adopted a cat... he's got a couple years on him, apparently a good mouser, and a real talker... always saying something, and certainly had a lot to say in the cage on the trip out here.. he's black like tar, and already seem to be at home here.. he found being curled up on me is mighty nice :).. Oh, and he purrs like a locomotive!

First rule is he can't have any commercial cat food! We think there's gotta be something addictive in them and then they won't eat anything else.

I haven't figured out a good name for him yet, for now it's Pussy. We've got some big cats around here too, probably got our last cat.. he was an awesome cat, FEARLESS.. and that's probably why something got him... he'd go wander around in the cow's manger, get sniffed, drooled on, and licked, and in the middle of winter with snow, he'd follow my parents as they walked nearly all the way around the farm.. I could see this guy doing the same. I'll try and get a picture at some point... He's just a big black cat.

Nesikep":3kvagl8k said:
First rule is he can't have any commercial cat food! We think there's gotta be something addictive in them and then they won't eat anything else.

I haven't figured out a good name for him yet, for now it's be nice. We've got some big cats around here too, probably got our last cat.. he was an awesome cat, FEARLESS.. and that's probably why something got him... he'd go wander around in the cow's manger, get sniffed, drooled on, and licked, and in the middle of winter with snow, he'd follow my parents as they walked nearly all the way around the farm.. I could see this guy doing the same. I'll try and get a picture at some point... He's just a big black cat.

Name him Amos.

Well, I let him out of the shop a while, and he explored under the barn, etc.. left the door open and a couple hours later he came back in. He's a quick learner it seems.. I have a VERY steep set of steel stairs up to the mezzanine, and he figured out how to go up and down them being shown just once.

I've forgotten how cats have the uncanny ability to hit key combinations on a keyboard that will make your computer do all sorts of weird things!.. And rub their tail under your nose so you get a good whiff of their arsehole.