new F250 4x4, maybe

Help Support CattleToday:

papavillars

Reaction score
i need a new truck. I haven't bought myself a new truck since 2006. I am going to keep my duramax so this will be a gasser. I haven't bought a ford in thirty years. I need a lot of pro and cons. thanks in advance. Bill

2019 F350 extended cab single wheel with the 6.2 gas here. Had it 1 year today and has been a great truck. I did get the 4:30 gears so milage is poor. I've been really happy with this truck, bought it to be my feed/work truck and has held up well.

I drive a 2018 F250 Super Duty at work. 14.3 MPG. Rides great with good power.
Sets so darn high with the 18" tires that even with running boards I have to pull myself up into it. I'm not terribly happy with the traction off-road but still have the original tires at 41,000 miles.

If I was going to buy a new f250/350 gasser I would probably look into that new 7.3 engine. I thought about it for a second but they had a nice 17' powerstroke I liked.

Get the new Ford 7.3-Liter "Godzilla" V-8 gas, and let us know how it works out, somebody had to be 1st.

https://www.fordforums.com/threads/ford-7-3-liter-godzilla-v8-has-10-000-mile-oil-change-intervals.308975/

thanks everyone, i am leaning towards the 6.2 but the 7.3 sounds interesting. I loved my 1999 7.3 powerstroke. unfortunately someone else liked it and stole the motor and tranmission.

I will always stand by the 2000 to 2001 Ford 7.3! They are harder than hell to come by, at least in clean condition in Southern Minnesota, but tried and true, they have never let us down. If you have an older Duramax, you would appreciate the 7.3. My current runner has 420000 miles and the farm truck has about as much. Normal cost with a decent body is around $10k and a gentleman in Washington state rebuilds and modifies as needed.

ssstterry, no they stole the truck and took the motor and transmission. police found the truck near a new housing addition.insurance paid me top dollar for it.

I had one of these (460) in a '91 350 dually, OD 4 on the floor:

"For many years the 454 (7.4-liter) V8 was the top choice from GM, while Ford had the mighty 460 (7.5-liter) V8. In 1999, Ford put the 460, out to pasture when the 6.8-liter V10 was introduced in the new Super Duty pickups."

Got about 10, today ought to be much better. Only stick shift I ever had whereby I could dump the clutch without my foot on the gas pedal and loaded or empty could take it and go.

Latest posts