new F250 4x4, maybe

Help Support CattleToday:

Bought the wife a small shake and drove through our largest local used lot last night. Yes, she is truly blessed.

The dealer had a lot of 8 to 12 year old F250 gassers. Are there issues with them compared to Chev or Dodge?

TCRanch said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

I've been pleased with my 2012.

How do you like the Titan West? I can open up/assemble the corral by myself but getting the chute/palp cage on the portable trailer requires way more brute strength.

I love it. We rent it for $100 a day from Southern States. I designed our facilities around the Titan system.

Stocker Steve said:
Bought the wife a small shake and drove through our largest local used lot last night. Yes, she is truly blessed.

The dealer had a lot of 8 to 12 year old F250 gassers. Are there issues with them compared to Chev or Dodge?

The 5.4 was a really crappy engine. I'd look at 2011 and newer with the 6.2.

kenny thomas said:
I drive a 2018 F250 Super Duty at work. 14.3 MPG. Rides great with good power.
Sets so darn high with the 18" tires that even with running boards I have to pull myself up into it. I'm not terribly happy with the traction off-road but still have the original tires at 41,000 miles.

Now Kenny. When was the last time you saw a decent set of OEM tires on a fleet truck ?

Do you think "advanced age" has anything to do with getting in the cab? :) :lol:

Why they ever went to 18" wheels and changed implement tire sizes,I don't know.Time was you could get plenty of used hay wagon tires from all the 14" and 15" tires on the road. The 3/4 and 1 tons took the same 16s as the trailer and the front tires on some tractors in a pinch.Even VDOT used to take their used 16" tires and run them on the mower tractors. Now, I see some balers coming with a 16.1" wheel. :(