New Cow Vac Program

Help Support CattleToday:

kaneranch

Reaction score
I bought two bred cows at the beging of the summer. I think that they are due for vaccinations. SHould I wait tell they calf or do it now. Also what kind of vaccination plan should I do for them? Thanks KaneRanch

You are early in the season for your respiratories, blackleg, and worming. It's easiest to get it all done at the same time. Won't hurt to wait a while. You shouldn't have any issue with vaccinating pregnant cattle. I like to use Virashield 6 with vibrio and 5 way lepto. I use an 8 way blackleg called Vision 8 with Somnus. Ivomec Plus shot for worms and on to the next one. I work cattle in November. Then just worm them again early May.

Assuming that you have other cattle, you should probably vaccinate any new ones as soon as they arrive, or the first chance that you get. If you vaccinate them upon arrival, you can always give them a booster with your usual annual or semi-annual roundup. If you have no other cattle, then waiting until the fall is reasonable. The plan that TXCOWBOY laid out is pretty good. Just make sure that you at least hit them with vibrio., lepto., blackleg (clostridium), and deworm them.

Latest posts