New bull question.

Help Support CattleToday:

midtncattle

Reaction score
I got a new 19 month old bull. I don't see him checking cows like past bulls. He is
just kinda hanging out. Should I be concerned?

You can have ever Vet in the country to check him, that won't make him breed a cow. BSE only tells you if he has live sperm, it don't if he will go breed cows.

Chances are he is working the night shift. I had a real good Angus bull that i never saw even look at a cow and he bred em all.

Red Bull Breeder":3mwr060w said:
You can have ever Vet in the country to check him, that won't make him breed a cow. BSE only tells you if he has live sperm, it don't if he will go breed cows.

I understand that RBB. The first question I asked was how long he has owned the bull. The rascal might just be getting familiar with the set-up or as 3-way says, getting it done on the night shift.

I have had the bull 12 days. I realize as I type that statement I need to chill out. I am sure he will be fine.

we rarely see our bull breed cows as he breeds them a nite or early morning.its rare i see him with a cow in heat during the day.

3waycross":mp2mpc32 said:
Chances are he is working the night shift. I had a real good Angus bull that i never saw even look at a cow and he bred em all.

Had that several times. Had one that would brush up all day and I would only see him with the cows late evening to early morning.

Latest posts