New Bull - Again...

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I bought 919 from LSU's purebred Braford herd when he was 15 months old - I kept him about a year in which he bred around 12 head. I sold him to a good friend close by that used him the last 3 years on his xbred herd of about 65 cows...he's keeping a big group of heifers and I needed a bull so I went and picked him up yesterday - glad to get the chance to get him back - he's a 206P son and out of real good LSU cow :cowboy:

What do y'all think about him?

[imghttp://ranchers.net/photopost/data/733/medium/bull16.JPG][/img]

tigeralumni2011 said:
I bought 919 from LSU's purebred Braford herd when he was 15 months old - I kept him about a year in which he bred around 12 head. I sold him to a good friend close by that used him the last 3 years on his xbred herd of about 65 cows...he's keeping a big group of heifers and I needed a bull so I went and picked him up yesterday - glad to get the chance to get him back - he's a 206P son and out of real good LSU cow :cowboy:

What do y'all think about him?

bull16.JPG

I think you need to kick your friends ass! That bulls condition is just a little short of criminal for his age. He should be carrying at least another 300lbs.

3waycross":17p24vng said:
I think you need to kick your friends ass! That bulls condition is just a little short of criminal for his age. He should be carrying at least another 300lbs.
:nod: :nod:

3waycross":2bkg2t6s said:
Yep he's light but he's a good looking bull.

3waycross":34a82twt said:

That's a little much fella

He's been on good grass, mineral, and good hay the last 3 years - the 65 cows calved in 10-12 calve groups throughout the year - he's been taken care of - he's got his working clothes on but is in good shape

If those are his good grass, good condition working clothes, I hate him. That's one hard doing fella. I totally agree with 3way. He looks structurally sound and all but if he cant flesh out any better than that, I don't want steers out of him. You really believe that's good condition for a 4 yr. old bull to be carrying? Out of curiosity, have you seen a few of the pics of recently posted bulls that are range bulls out there breeding in big country with big herds? Check out the Old bull thread from Dylan Biggs. I don't know the guy from Adam but those are bulls that are in proper "working clothes"

tigeralumni2011":2sz3rwi7 said:
3waycross":2sz3rwi7 said:

That's a little much fella

He's been on good grass, mineral, and good hay the last 3 years - the 65 cows calved in 10-12 calve groups throughout the year - he's been taken care of - he's got his working clothes on but is in good shape

Then he's not a good bull. If that is the best he is going to look on good grass, mineral and hay then he's a pretty sorry bull. Especially running with the cows on a year round basis. If he bred 65 cows in 60 days then I would buy that he could look like that when he was pulled off. But not a year round breeder.
Did he look like that when you took him there. That's not working cloths that's poor condition.

I am sorry if you came here looking for validation on this bull. I am sure you will fined someone who disagrees with me but not many.

I am sorry if you came here looking for validation on this bull. I am sure you will fined someone who disagrees with me but not many.[/quote]

:nod: :nod: :nod:

didn't come here for validation, asking for opinions is just what it is - I agree the bull is off his weight but I don't think the picture shows a bull that's been living on dirt - appreciate the comments

Its the way he's standing. Next time you take a picture, make sure he's looking off ahead with his neck flexed. Actually, all that really matters is how his calves wean out. Our best bull looks like hell and i'd never post a picture of him. He's old and works hard for an old guy, but his calves are outstanding. I've taken tons of pictures of him and its really hard to get a true picture to what he's really like. And, i'd never post one on this forum..lol

cowgirl8":apr2s6ih said:
Its the way he's standing. Next time you take a picture, make sure he's looking off ahead with his neck flexed. Actually, all that really matters is how his calves wean out. Our best bull looks like be nice and i'd never post a picture of him. He's old and works hard for an old guy, but his calves are outstanding. I've taken tons of pictures of him and its really hard to get a true picture to what he's really like. And, i'd never post one on this forum..lol

Yep it's the way he's standing. The camera took off 300lbs.௶

cowgirl8":1bvvwydl said:
Its the way he's standing. Next time you take a picture, make sure he's looking off ahead with his neck flexed. Actually, all that really matters is how his calves wean out. Our best bull looks like be nice and i'd never post a picture of him. He's old and works hard for an old guy, but his calves are outstanding. I've taken tons of pictures of him and its really hard to get a true picture to what he's really like. And, i'd never post one on this forum..lol
Please don't dragging your mongrel bulls in any bull threads to compare...your bulls don't hold a candle and you don't know how to pick a good bull out of the group. I don't think the picture is bad....you can see that he's a little boney clear as sky. He's a little light in the rear and also in the neck too.

3waycross":1hpuwkk3 said:
cowgirl8":1hpuwkk3 said:

Yep it's the way he's standing. The camera took off 300lbs.௶
If that bull's in the south he's had good grass since late February, early March...should be gaining worlds of weight especially since all he has to do is eat. I wouldn't want him period. :!:

boy I tell you it didn't take long for this to head south - at the end of the day whoever writes the check has to be satisfied - I know the bull , have seen his calves and know what they brought at the sale barn - I'm sure he'd be hamburger meat to many . I'm not trying to put a halter on him and show him , he'll serve his purpose and make some $$$

tigeralumni2011":3ux4f364 said:
boy I tell you it didn't take long for this to head south - at the end of the day whoever writes the check has to be satisfied - I know the bull , have seen his calves and know what they brought at the sale barn - I'm sure he'd be hamburger meat to many . I'm not trying to put a halter on him and show him , he'll serve his purpose and make some $$$
I totally agree..

Latest posts