New Brahman Weight/Frame Score Show Rules

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom

Reaction score
What do you all think? The 600-700lb limit for a 7 month old calf or they pull the papers seems a little harsh.

I don't have a brahman, but I think they should have slowly implemented the rules.

Does this measurement program affect both jr. and open show cattle?

Sounds as though they will not pull the papers. The cattle will just not be able to show at ABBA sanctioned shows. The rule sounds a bit horsey to me but then I'm not a voting member.
Here is the rule from ABBA

"The following are the new rules associated with the weight & measurement program:

1. Any animal that does not meet the weight & measurement requirements at the International Brahman Show, "All American", National Brahman Show or any other designated show where weights & measurements are taken will be in-eligible to show at any future ABBA Approved Shows or the "All American" National Junior Show until they reach the Junior Division at ABBA Open Shows and the January - April 2006 Classes at the 2008 "All American".

2. All animals who have previously met the weight & measurement requirements are eligible to show for their remaining show career with the exception of the following animals shown in, or which have been previously shown at the following shows:

2007 International Brahman Show all animals born July 1, 2006 and younger must be re-weighed & re-measured to qualify at the next show.
2007 National Show all animals born May 1, 2007 and younger must be re-weighed & re-measured to qualify at the next show
2007 "All American" Show all bulls born November 1, 2006 and younger; all females born January 1, 2007 and younger must be re-weighed & re-measured to qualify at the next show. All previously qualified animals must be weighed & measured at any designated show for the collection of data only. Once animals have met the weight & measurement parameters and are eligible to show for their remaining show career, and are no longer required to re-weigh or re-measure in order to be eligible to show, they then must have their original registration certificate or original ABBA Copy denoted as such by ABBA."

Sounds like you'll need to check and see just what shows are "sanctioned"

Not a bad idea...................keeps everyone honest about the birth dates and in line in what an association says their cattle should look like. Maybe more associations should consider the idea.

This rule was implemented last year. Personally being a brahman breeder and shower I like the idea. Some of the Cattle that they say are 10 months just can't be but some of the weights are radical. Avalon is right they don't pull papers but they can't show untill they move up a division. But if they make weight once they don't have to do it again. Yes it affects all ABBA Approverd Shows Junior and Open. So far all of my cattle made weight but this year one of them is on the iffy side.

Latest posts