New Angus Bull On The Way To My Farm!

Help Support CattleToday:

Cuz-Pat

Reaction score
I finally made a decision and bought a new bull after driving several hundred miles to look at different bulls. I have ended up with a Registered Black Angus bull that was calved on August 30, 2004. He is an AI bull sired by Gar Expectation 4915 and out of a Bushwacker 41-93 daughter. He will work on heifers as well as cows and that was what I have been looking for. The next big thing was disposition and this bull has a great one. He is extremely gentle and likes to be around people. He has all of the performance EPD data and carcass data (ultra-sound) on him as well. His CED is a +6, BW EPD is a 2.3, and his actual birth weight was 64 lbs. He also has good growth ratios at weaning and yearling weights. He is going this week to be semen checked, scrotal measurements taken and to have his feet & legs checked out. After that I can get him picked up and brought home. He was already consigned to a bull sale in February and I had to pay an extra $100.00 on him to get him pulled out of the sale but he was the bull I wanted so that was no big deal.

I really took my time, looked at a lot of bulls of several different breeds and I am satisfied with what I am ending up with. This bull's disposition really stood out to me and that is what sold me on him. He should work well on my small cross-bred herd.

Thanks to all of you who gave advice and opinions on my previous post as to what kind of bull to purchase.

Cuz-Pat,

Good that you finally found what you wanted, but the biggest joy will come when his calves start hitting the ground. Or no, the biggest joy is when his calves start getting you checks.

Cuz-Par,
We must be related, cause I got a son of Gar Expectation 4915 (14725936) And a son of Bushwhacker 4193 (14691084), no calves from him yet.
But my best lookin calves are from DW Limited ED 19D 210DW (42345808) He' a Hereford :shock:

Cuz-Pat- You stated in your post that you traveled several hundred miles to get the bull you were looking for. In reading the Pedigree and EPD's of G A R Expectation 4915 and the information on BCC Bushwacker 41-93, I think that you have made an exemplary decision in your purchase. My opinion is based only on the Pedigree and EPD's of the sire and the dam's sire, however they represent the current upswing in quality of breedstock of the Angus breed, and in perusing DeBusk Expection 3120's statistics - they are eye-popping figures and you have made a quantum leap in potential herd improvement quality! Be prepared for some poppin' good calves from these matings! Congratulations and keep smiling broadly. :D :lol:

DOC HARRIS

Here are some links that will allow you to see some of the genetics on this new bull I have purchased.

My new bull is sired by Gar Expectation 4914 of the Gardiner Angus Ranch in Kansas. Here is their link:

http://www.gardinerangus.com/sires_page ... _4915.html

He is out of an own daughter of BCC Bushwacker 41-93. Here is a link on this bull:

http://www.errer.com/angus/sires/BCCBushwacker4193/

Thanks for the comments, Doc. I do feel like I made a sound investment and a wise decision on this bull purchase. I really do like the bull. What is so crazy about this deal is after driving several hundred miles to look at bulls all over our state, I found this bull within 15 miles of my house! He had seven yearling bulls to choose from. I guess that is the way it works sometimes!

do you have the reg # for the bull?

sounds like the pedigree will be a good one. many people love bushwacker influenced females and Expectation's sire, EXT, makes some good looking sons. in our bull sale last week, an Expectation son was the top lot.

Cuz Pat, I think you cant go wrong with Expectation son's

I tried to purchase some of his semen a few weeks back and it has all been sold out, I am currently using his son ( #14056739 Rito 2X15) to AI some heifers and cows over the next few weeks.

C HOLLAND":uals7cph said:
Cuz Pat, I think you cant go wrong with Expectation son's

I tried to purchase some of his semen a few weeks back and it has all been sold out, I am currently using his son ( #14056739 Rito 2X15) to AI some heifers and cows over the next few weeks.

Bull Barn has 56 straws in stock @ $18
http://bullbarn.com/angblkepd.asp?ID=525