New.... and Grateful

Help Support CattleToday:

Would anyone be offended if I put a photo of a cow with an unusual condition here, and you could tell me what it is ?
It isn't a prolapse..... but it is rather graphic.

post it
I have tried to folllow the insert "image" directions, but

I cant seem to copy/paste the photo into this e mail.
The photos are in my file, not a URL.

Can you give me some quick directions?

Thanks,

CowCop

CowCop":2lhwphcz said:
I have tried to folllow the insert "image" directions, but

I cant seem to copy/paste the photo into this e mail.
The photos are in my file, not a URL.

Can you give me some quick directions?

Thanks,

CowCop

it won't work if they're not on a public server (URL). i use photobucket.com there are others like imageevent that you can use as well but i think there's a fee.

Would anyone be offended if I put a photo of a cow with an unusual condition here, and you could tell me what it is ?
It isn't a prolapse..... but it is rather graphic.

[/quote]

post it[/quote]

I wish more people would.

I agree with the fact that it would be more helpful if more people could post pics of specific problems. It might make it easier to diagnose and also for us newbies to learn. Does anyone know any other site we could use besides photobucket?

sidney411":2mhhf3h7 said:
Does anyone know any other site we could use besides photobucket?

you may check your internet provider. some of them offer free server space & you could use that. imageevent.com is another site that allows linkage (& lots of folks on another site i visit use it) but i think there's a fee & i'm not sure how much. there are other sites that offer free webpages & server space, but some of them don't allow linkage.

I am in the same boat, being new on these boards. I really enjoy sitting here and reading the different questions and responses from everyone. Thanks to all.

Jeff

Tried whining to Macon about him providing a site a while back and it didn't work. Maybe more folks whining will help

dun

Ok Folks, I just e mailed both photos to one of you to post here.
So the photos should be up by morning, hopefully.

I again appologize for the graphic nature of these 2 photos ( from TWO different cows )

Hopefully someone will be able to identify what this prolapse looking thing is.

I will explain each cows situation AFTER you tell me what those alien life forms are hanging out of the cows.

Perhaps we can have anew subject in this beginners folder just for photos of unusual cow stuff. ( I got lots of em~!! )
That way folks with queezy stomachs do not have to suddenly come upon the icky cow gut photos etc. Just a thought.

I have photos of ROCKS too~!!

Many thanks for all your offers of help and MUCH thanks for your knowlege.

CowCop

What I never understood is why we couldn't post a picture off of our computer without linking it somehow... I've been on other sites that you don't have to do that, and you don't have to do it for the avatars... why for posting a pic? security or something?

Jake":3pubwdhs said:
What I never understood is why we couldn't post a picture off of our computer without linking it somehow... I've been on other sites that you don't have to do that, and you don't have to do it for the avatars... why for posting a pic? security or something?

When you do your avatar, you actually do upload it to this system. Copied from yours to this host. The amount of space required for photos would probably take way more resources (read money) then can be justified for a free to users forum. Also policing it would add a whole new nightmare for the owner, Macon, and his minions that moderate these boards.
But whine and snivvle along with me and maybe Macon can when the lottery and add more resources.

dun

cherokeeruby said:
Welcome to the board CowCop, I live in Texas east of Dallas but I am not allowed to put my location under my avatar or Caustic Burno will get mad.

;-)

[Cherokeeruby,
does Caustic Burno get mad because of the name of your town?

you will definately enjoy thi s board, there is a lot of knowledge hanging out here..and some pretty good wit I might add. I worked out in Maine for a couple years in the 8o's and had the pleasure of driving thru your state.Its beautiful country, right up there with the rockies if you ask me. Of course I am from North Dakota so I am pretty easily impressed

No he has stated that he thinks no one should post their location, not just me.

txfbc":37o1fbxw said:
cherokeeruby":37o1fbxw said:
Welcome to the board CowCop, I live in Texas east of Dallas but I am not allowed to put my location under my avatar or Caustic Burno will get mad.

;-)

[Cherokeeruby,

Oh, ok. I thought he just didn't like your town, lol

cherokeeruby":1vy2pmgp said:
No he has stated that he thinks no one should post their location, not just me.

txfbc":1vy2pmgp said:
cherokeeruby":1vy2pmgp said:

;-)

[Cherokeeruby,

Good Morning All,

I know that alot of you are anxiously awaiting these photos.

Hopefully they will come out clear.

Please tell me what your experience has been with this kind of issue.

Cow # 18 Hereford age 6-8

9110418.jpg

Cow # 54 Very kind Hereford age 12

Cow5433104.jpg

Thank you,

CowCop

Vaginal Prolapse. She's prolapsing back the vaginal tract. She is able to calf but it's difficult and painful for her.

I've tried whining also.. remember when we talked about having a board we could "judge" cattle on?

We've all been really, really good.. Macon could be like Santa! :)

COWCOP I HAVE SEEN THAT BEFORE BUT I AM NOT SURE WHAT IT IS CALLED BUT ON THE DAIRY FARM WHERE I WORK IN WEST RUPERT VERMONT WE HAD A HOLSTEIN THAT DID THAT IT DID NOT SEEM TO BOTHER HER BUT IT IS LIKE THEY ARE POOPING THERE IN SIDE OF THERE BUTT OUT IT LOOKS LIKE CRANBERRY SAUCE FROM HER BUTT I COULD TALK TO MY BOSS AND MAYBE GET A ANSWER FOR YOU

Latest posts