Never let this Happen

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Never let the wife or grandkids name a bovine other than Jack-n-the Box, T-bone etc.
I have a Brangus girl that has been named Precious and I guess when she dies I will have to buy a marble marker for her grave or move out.
This cow is a pest and causes heart problems for the one old fat rancher that has more chins than a chinese phone book.
The beast has a habit of sneaking up behind you in the pasture and blowing in your ear this cause injuries from dirty pants to being cut up from diving through barb wire fences.
The beast is smart as well as it plays ball with the grandkids like a dam dog. It has also been known to come up and stand by the house for the grandkids to feed it my high dollar apples, also likes donuts.

well CB your just plain sunk.you sure dont want the boss madd at you.an you always want to keep those grandbabies happy.i to have the same prob with my mom.i have a bull i want to replace sometime this year.an she says no he is such a good gentle bull thatll die on the place.so ive given up on selling him when the time comes.

Well, I have a 3-yr old called Gem in standing heat yesterday.

So I guess she's not going to have a fourth birthday in my herd.
And then there's the two that charge me on sight, skid to a halt at my feet and beg for ... something. Salt, I think one is after.

Precious sounds like she's got life sorted.

Well, CB, when I die, I want to come back as one of your cows. :pretty:
Oh, and I like sprinkles on my donuts!

alacattleman":15xr2rwv said:
a brangus named precious....far and away from what ive called em,, i do have one named jaunita :cowboy:

After an old girlfriend I presume. :roll:

Does Ole Belle feel threatened by a young petted thing like Precious? This could get into counselling fees for you if Ole Belle can't cope or gets jealous.

backhoeboogie":1c793cdv said:
Does Ole Belle feel threatened by a young petted thing like Precious? This could get into counselling fees for you if Ole Belle can't cope or gets jealous.

It is a bottle calf that has grown up into a monster as far as I am concerned. The grandkids got to playing ball with it with an old tether ball, the beast actually picks it up and throws it and runs after it like a dog.
I hate this cow I just can't firgure out how to get rid of it with out being white eyed at family get togethers or the Mrs. breaking my plate.

Note Ole Belle commited suicide.

Caustic Burno":1lfanbyj said:
I hate this cow I just can't firgure out how to get rid of it with out being white eyed at family get togethers or the Mrs. breaking my plate.

LOL its been years since hearing that "breaking my plate" line. Dad used to threaten to break my plate back in the teen years.

3waycross":3lqjudrw said:
alacattleman":3lqjudrw said:
a brangus named precious....far and away from what ive called em,, i do have one named jaunita :cowboy:

After an old girlfriend I presume. :roll:
nope,, although she got the temperment of my last wife. she was named after the town busy body
:cowboy:

rkm":1ab5flq3 said:
All I can say is; "Oh how the mighty have fallen".
This what I get for trying to be a nice guy, wife came home said a lady at church was going through a divorce and needed money and just couldn't stand the thought of Precious at the salebarn as she had raised her from a day old and she was now two and had never seen another cow.
So I paid way more than the beast was worth, then the grandkids adopted what has now become the sacred cow.
Upset the grandkids Granny's face slides off her skull and she is on the warpath.

I have noticed that I was very strict with my kids but when it comes to the grand kids I melt like butter in the sun. :roll:

My granddaughter and I watched Temple Graden together a couple of weeks ago. All went well until they showed one being stunned and hung. I think It will take a while until she resumes eating meat. I have also been informed that I will no longer be able to sell any cattle until she approves of the sale. To top it off last week her bottle baby died. :help: I grew up helping butcher family stock. Never paid it much attention. My wife is a city girl and about as bad as the grand kids and kids for that matter. So Caustic this is one guy that cannot help you. When you figure it out let me know.

novatech":1ifu7m38 said:
My granddaughter and I watched Temple Graden together a couple of weeks ago. All went well until they showed one being stunned and hung. I think It will take a while until she resumes eating meat. I have also been informed that I will no longer be able to sell any cattle until she approves of the sale. To top it off last week her bottle baby died. :help: I grew up helping butcher family stock. Never paid it much attention. My wife is a city girl and about as bad as the grand kids and kids for that matter. So Caustic this is one guy that cannot help you. When you figure it out let me know.

What is scareing me is Precious is about to calf, I know I am going to be evil when I load that one on the trailer.

Caustic Burno":11ar2bmq said:
Never let the wife or grandkids name a bovine other than Jack-n-the Box, T-bone etc.
I have a Brangus girl that has been named Precious and I guess when she dies I will have to buy a marble marker for her grave or move out.
This cow is a pest and causes heart problems for the one old fat rancher that has more chins than a chinese phone book.
The beast has a habit of sneaking up behind you in the pasture and blowing in your ear this cause injuries from dirty pants to being cut up from diving through barb wire fences.
The beast is smart as well as it plays ball with the grandkids like a dam dog. It has also been known to come up and stand by the house for the grandkids to feed it my high dollar apples, also likes donuts.
I'll be laughing about this post for a few days.....been there, but you explained it a lot funnier than it really is....good post. :lol2:

grubbie":3u558zxf said:
Caustic Burno":3u558zxf said:
I'll be laughing about this post for a few days.....been there, but you explained it a lot funnier than it really is....good post. :lol2:

Especially that high dollar apple part. Sack feed is cheaper and we all know what he thinks about feeding cows out of a sack. Grandma has him over a barrell.

Caustic Burno":2vembxo1 said:

OMG, that is tooooo funny! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts