Never let this Happen

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt":40sd7t5v said:
If you do not name them, then how will you keep track of who is who among the cows? ;-)

Oh I have names for them. Problem is I can't use those given names in front of the boss lady or grandchiildren.

Now if use their numbers such as "#129" nobody at home knows who I am talking about. They all call her, "Lil Bit" who was an abandonned twin raised on a bottle. Thankfully she raises some awesome calves.

aplusmnt":2tyf7p5u said:
If you do not name them, then how will you keep track of who is who among the cows? ;-)

Ummmmm, they are called ear tags and they really work pretty darned well! :lol: :lol: Of course, I'm willing to bet that poor CB is well past that stage, though. :( :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Who would have thought that he would get caught in this predicament? :eek: :lol:

Aww, come on Caustic give us a update on your sweet little heifer. We are all anxiously waiting! ;-)

Caustic Burno":8dn2gorw said:
the beast has calved a blood red white face little demon heifer calf.

You don't refer to "Punkin" that way in front of the granbabies do you? :D

Roan":wzknq0ht said:
Aww, come on Caustic give us a update on your sweet little heifer. We are all anxiously waiting! ;-)

The grandaughters are all going oh she is so cute, what is her name, that is when I get one of those looks.
For names I am thinking hamburger, salebarn sally, etc. I am sure it will be named something that I don't care for.

Surely CB would not put them animal abuse things in their ears that hurt the cows! I see him more likely using them numbers with glue on them like at the sales barn ;-) :)

msscamp":1igfnx3w said:
aplusmnt":1igfnx3w said:

Ummmmm, they are called ear tags and they really work pretty darned well! :lol: :lol: Of course, I'm willing to bet that poor CB is well past that stage, though. :( :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Who would have thought that he would get caught in this predicament? :eek: :lol:

Caustic, you could name her Petuna, bet the grandkids would love that from sweet old grampa :lol:

Caustic Burno":1kfj48jx said:
Roan":1kfj48jx said:

The grandaughters are all going oh she is so cute, what is her name, that is when I get one of those looks.
For names I am thinking hamburger, salebarn sally, etc. I am sure it will be named something that I don't care for.

Yep, I'm thinking you're absolutely right! How does Precious sound to you? :lol2: :lol2: I truly don't mean to rub it in, but I must admit that this situation that you're caught in is just too funny!!! I should have seen it coming, but I honestly didn't. :lol2:

Since CB is admitting this, I will confess my problem.

I have a 6 year old cow my wife named Charlee. (better than Precious :D ). Luckily she has good calves. Wife says she can never be sold or eaten.
I really don't know how it happened.
When I was about six, (46 years ago) we had a pet calf I named Curly. I didn't know Curly was to be hamburger, I was devastated, Hey I was 6.
Vowed never to tame or name another farm animal.
Then Charlee was born, from the time she was born she would come up and want her ears scratched. I am pretty sure a really large dog bred her momma. She is almost like a enormous dog.
She likes Little Debbie oatmeal pies :(
She also pulls on your coat when you are working on fence or gives you a gentle nudge if you aren't paying attention to her, a gentle nudge from a 1200 pound cow isn't quite the same as a pup though, as all of you know.
Bad news CB, her two year old heifer calf is the same way, wife says I can't sell her either. Charlee's last calf was a now steered bull calf, I thump him on the head when I get the chance. I aint gonna have a 2000 pound pet steer.

edit: i didn't know the word for the attire you wear on your upper body was bad, the one with sleeves and buttons, so i changed to coat....

danl":3j819meq said:

trink14.gif

Little Debbie oatmeal pies + accompanying smiley = coffee all over the desk :lol2: :clap:

danl":3it9owh0 said:

I have a 6 year old cow my wife named Charlee. (better than Precious :D ). Luckily she has good calves. Wife says she can never be sold or eaten.
When I was about six, (46 years ago) we had a pet calf I named Curly. I didn't know Curly was to be hamburger, I was devastated, Hey I was 6.
Then Charlee was born, from the time she was born she would come up and want her ears scratched. I am pretty sure a really large dog bred her momma. She is almost like a enormous dog.
She also pulls on your coat when you are working on fence or gives you a gentle nudge if you aren't paying attention to her, a gentle nudge from a 1200 pound cow isn't quite the same as a pup though, as all of you know.
Bad news CB, her two year old heifer calf is the same way, wife says I can't sell her either. Charlee's last calf was a now steered bull calf, I thump him on the head when I get the chance. I aint gonna have a 2000 pound pet steer.

edit: i didn't know the word for the attire you wear on your upper body was bad, the one with sleeves and buttons, so i changed to coat....

Misery loves company. Man has got to draw the line somewhere, I am still working on that one with the boss lady.

Caustic Burno":28c2dtqg said:
Misery loves company. Man has got to draw the line somewhere, I am still working on that one with the boss lady.
My experiance in drawing the line is the misery lasts a long long time.

msscamp":nxlgx26p said:
Yep, I'm thinking you're absolutely right! How does Precious sound to you? :lol2: :lol2: I truly don't mean to rub it in, but I must admit that this situation that you're caught in is just too funny!!! I should have seen it coming, but I honestly didn't. :lol2:

I'm thinking CB needs to start practicing a little reverse psychology :D

backhoeboogie":3876ron0 said:
msscamp":3876ron0 said:

I'm thinking CB needs to start practicing a little reverse psychology :D

I'm thinking you're right!

Dan'l, anything is better than Precious!

aplusmnt, I couldn't agree more! CB would never, ever eartag a poor cute little helpless, defenseless calf. What kind of glue do you think he uses? Back tag cement, or some other kind? I'm thinking some other kind because the back tag cement tends to cause excessive rubbing, and it also tends to rip the hair out if the tag get caught on something. CB would never subject a calf to that.

We now have a bull named "Lightening" (from Lightening McQueen) grafted to a cow who just had her first calf. Her natural calf is a heifer just named "Sally" and I think that comes from that movie Cars too.

This new nurse cow is 1/2 brangus, 1/4 jersey, 1/4 holstein. She calved at 2 years & 2 days old. The two calves cannot quite strip her down. I hate to buy a third calf because there's still have a bunch of heifers yet to calve.

Didn't intend on this gal being a nurse cow but her udder is bigger than her dam who is a nurse cow.

Anyway, the heifer calf was tagged 25. It looks like I won't be calling her "25".

Caustic Burno":3bpxpn96 said:
danl":3bpxpn96 said:

It does my heart good to see men realizing who the boss truly is..;)..or it might be due to fear of the boss or the proverbial night on the sofa which would be the ramification for selling the pet? :lol:

my husband pretends to get annoyed with my coming 2 year old heifer who is a pet..but I have snuck peaks at him messing with her and giving her a good scratch..so I know hes full of the brown stuff..and yep, Ive recruited my offspring into messing with the pet, so my husband wont even breathe a word of selling her or eating her. :)

I am woman, hear me roar.. :D