Net Zero Carbon

Help Support CattleToday:

Ok, not done yet. Industrialized farming of all kinds have taken people off the land. We need smaller farms with livestock integration. If a man has 700-1000 acres he can come closer to taking care of the little things that need done to "help the environment" more than the 10000 acre guy that sprints over it a few times a year. Little guy will seed that waterway, where big guy brings in a Cat to fill in that wash every 5-6 years so he can drive over it again. It's the things like that that add up, that will really help our environment, not just give it lip service.

Such a funny bunch. Logic and reason do not matter. It is kick back time in DC. Nothing gets in the way of that.

Make money destroying old things. Make money building up new things. It is just about making money. How much time did he czar spend thinking about the serf?

No, not your opinion only. Lots of people have come to find out that grazing cattle is a key component in building soil. Give yourself some credit!
Since converting this severely eroded farm in north central Ohio into pasture in 2004, soil organic matter has risen by nearly 4%. Something I thought was impossible. Although I did not document the journey, once we started MIG the improvements have been phenomenal. Last I checked, the USDA says SOM is 58% carbon. On the better parts of the farm topsoil is about two feet deep now, on the clay knobs it's about eight inches. So I'm sequestering a lot of carbon, using cows and grass.

Last edited:

Latest posts