The Illusive Zero Percent Interest Rate

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I keep getting calls from telemarketers promising 0% interest on my credit card because I have such good credit history and make my payments on time - even trying to pay more each month but every time I get one of these calls they end up cussing me out after I've spent a lot of time hunting for my credit card, looking for my glasses, pulling my vehicle over on the side of the road where I can speak safely with them. It never fails, I'll go through all this effort only to be cussed out.

Call today came from a thin-skinned fella by the name of Rashid. Seemed nice enough fella and I even g5Xot him to through in 5x the miles on my card. Granted I couldn't find my reading glasses even though I searched for them for a good ten minutes and even sent Billy to look for them but to no avail but I did the best I could and gave him my credit card number and he said it was wrong and got ugly with me. He then put the senior manager on the phone to whom I voiced my dissatisfaction with Rashid and his poor customer service. He said Rashid thought I was trying to waste his time. I explained to him I gave him my card number but without my glasses it was hard to see. He asked for it again and said it was wrong. I told him I'd send Billy to look for them again if he would just be patient. Minutes later Billy found my glasses so I gave him my number again. Again he said it was wrong and he accused me of wasting his time. I told him his records must be wrong and ask him what name was on the account but he wouldn't tell me this for security reasons. I told him his records must be wrong because that is the number on the card. He then told me to take my card and stick it up my arse and jump up and down.

Looks like I'll never get that 0% rate! A good 20 minutes wasted for nothing! There is always tomorrow.

Lord have mercy Joe...read my lips...NEVER respond to an unknown caller much less communicate with them and most certainly NEVER provide personal info! One exception...if I inadvertently answer and its not an automated call but a live person the first thing I say is "soooo glad you called darlin'....wanna have phone sex? Guarantees an immediate disconnect. :lol2:

76 Bar said:
Lord have mercy Joe...read my lips...NEVER respond to an unknown caller much less communicate with them and most certainly NEVER provide personal info! One exception...if I inadvertently answer and its not an automated call but a live person the first thing I say is "soooo glad you called darlin'....wanna have phone sex? Guarantees an immediate disconnect. :lol2:

I have also used do y'all accept the Lone Star card? Always get click.

I usually start with a dissertation on the fundamentle truthes of Jesus' divinity. For some reason I always get cut off before I even get to the second verse of John 1.

I used to get so pizzed off when I got telemarketer calls, now I look forward to them.

The other day I ask a girl if she had one of them camera phone thingy's, she said "do you mean a smart phone?", I said yes. Then I ask her what she was wearing, she said, "a dress". I said, how 'bout you slide that phone up that dress and take a picture of that coochie and text it to me. . . . . . . . . . . .CLICK

jehosofat said:
I used to get so pizzed off when I got telemarketer calls, now I look forward to them.

The other day I ask a girl if she had one of them camera phone thingy's, she said "do you mean a smart phone?", I said yes. Then I ask her what she was wearing, she said, "a dress". I said, how 'bout you slide that phone up that dress and take a picture of that coochie and text it to me. . . . . . . . . . . .CLICK

OMG bout peed my pants laughing... :banana: :banana: :banana: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

The only one I don't get is refinancing the house, since I built it cash I guess there's no paper trail. Then again
I get we will help on the student loans several times a week. I have never had one so I don't know what makes you a target. I do understand the hearing aids bombardment.

jehosofat said:
used to get so pizzed off when I got telemarketer calls, now I look forward to them.

It used to pizz me off too but they would simply call again and again. Now, like you, I enjoy their calls when I have the time. The way I see it, if time permitting, my keeping them on the phone for 10-20 minutes is keeping them from calling you or swindling some poor old lady. One might see it as community service. I don't know but they sure get upset when they finally realize I messing with them and that tickles me.

I have lots of telemarketer stories, most of em I can't clean up enough for CT. I tell 'em sheit that would make a sailor blush, but they keep callin'.

jehosofat said:
I have lots of telemarketer stories, most of em I can't clean up enough for CT. I tell 'em sheit that would make a sailor blush, but they keep callin'.

Just keep 'em on the line as long as you can because if you hang up they'll be calling me. Just imagine you are wrestling with a 10 lb cat on an ultra-lite with 4# test. :lol:

Never use the word "yes" while conversing with a telemarketer.

The ones I get most often are "Hi this is Britany. There's nothing wrong with your credit card account but we just need...."

And,
"Hi, our records show you recently stayed at one our resorts and we are offering you a great deal on your next..."

I just hang up so Jo and Jehoshaphat can get more great offers.

I have caller-ID. My simple telemarketer strategy is that I don't answer the phone. Any thing that I don't recognize the number or description, I ignore it. My phone only rings 4 times before going g to the machine. They never leave a message.

jehosofat said:

Just don't ever run for office or become more famous than you currently are, or that will resurface some day with her crying on the world news.

herofan said:
jehosofat said:

Just don't ever run for office or become more famous than you currently are, or that will resurface some day with her crying on the world news.

I couldn't even be elected for dog catcher. :lol:

I've started using an app called Hiya. It tells you when some calls are known telemarketers and allows you to report them for other users. I don't answer the phone near as many times now.

I got a call this afternoon from the famous, "We want to update your Google listing" scam. I told the girl to hurry up because me and her mother were having "relations". It didn't phase her a bit, so I had to resort to other measures. :lol:

Latest posts