Carbon Dioxide

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred

Reaction score
BREATHE DEEPLY, (AND HOLD IT).
Ian Rutherford Plimer is an Australian geologist, professor emeritus of earth sciences at the University of Melbourne , professor of mining geology at the University of Adelaide , and the director of multiple mineral exploration and mining companies. He has published 130 scientific papers, six books and edited the Encyclopedia of Geology.

Born: 12 February 1946 (age 69)
Residence: Australia
Nationality: Australian
Fields of Study: Earth Science, Geology, Mining Engineering
Institutions: University of New England , University of Newcastle , University of Melbourne , University of Adelaide
Alma mater: University of New South Wales , Macquarie University
Thesis: The pipe deposits of tungsten-molybdenum-bismuth in eastern Australia (1976)
Notable Awards: Eureka Prize (1995,2002), Centenary Medal (2003), Clarke Medal (2004)

Where Does the Carbon Dioxide Really Come From?

PLIMER: "Okay, here's the bombshell. The recent volcanic eruption in Iceland . Since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it's that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.

I know....it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up tillmidnight to finish your kids "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50p light bulbs with £5 light bulbs ..... Well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes, FOUR DAYS - by that volcano in Iceland has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt. Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.

Yes, folks, Mt. Pinatubo was active for over one year - think about it!!!!

Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely tree-hugging' moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keeps happening despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud, but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you, on the basis of the bogus 'human-caused' climate-change scenario.

Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention 'Global Warming' anymore, but just 'Climate Change' - you know why? It's because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past few years and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And, just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won't stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure.

But, hey, relax......give the world a hug and have a nice day!"

boondocks":210pb366 said:
M-5":210pb366 said:
I been calling it a con since day one. It should be criminal for people to believe this BS .

Fact check on Aisle 9: https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ge-monbiot

Plimer has apparently been pretty roundly discredited, from what I can tell...

We love science and the media when they tell us what we agree with. Otherwise they are liars. Please don't interfere with the process. We've come to enjoy it. :tiphat:

angus9259":1lmalryo said:
boondocks":1lmalryo said:
M-5":1lmalryo said:
I been calling it a con since day one. It should be criminal for people to believe this BS .

We love science and the media when they tell us what we agree with. Otherwise they are liars. Please don't interfere with the process. We've come to enjoy it. :tiphat:

yall believe this crap spewed from the people that cant tell you for certain if its gonna rain tomorrow or not. analyzing data from the last hundred yrs or so does not give an accurate picture of earth relative to its age. its total BS and a scam

M-5":a4zg0q2q said:
angus9259":a4zg0q2q said:
boondocks":a4zg0q2q said:

yall believe this crap spewed from the people that cant tell you for certain if its gonna rain tomorrow or not. analyzing data from the last hundred yrs or so does not give an accurate picture of earth relative to its age. its total BS and a scam

Earth is only 6000 years old so there can not be much data out there. We do not need clean air some of us will live through it and some will die. That is what evolution is all about. Survival of the strong.

M-5":1es6yqyw said:
angus9259":1es6yqyw said:
boondocks":1es6yqyw said:

I agree. The fella with the volcano theory seems much more credible. No BS or scam there. Where do I send my donation?

The nuclear winter effect from the volcanic ash cloud more than negates the greenhouse effect of the carbon dioxide released by the volcano. I thought everybody knew that.

Climate change or no climate change is immaterial in my opinion. We certainly put pressure on this earth and as graziers we all know how to handle the situation as we have much experience. When things are bad we destock. Population control never seems to come into things when all the heads of government and their over paid advisers get together. Every nation seems to want to expand so they can collect more taxes and have a bigger military.
Scientists are all for climate change or whatever you may call it as money gets thrown their way and of course results of their studies propagate more money thrown their way.

Ken

wbvs58":3has9xeu said:
Climate change or no climate change is immaterial in my opinion. We certainly put pressure on this earth and as graziers we all know how to handle the situation as we have much experience. When things are bad we destock. Population control never seems to come into things when all the heads of government and their over paid advisers get together. Every nation seems to want to expand so they can collect more taxes and have a bigger military.
Scientists are all for climate change or whatever you may call it as money gets thrown their way and of course results of their studies propagate more money thrown their way.

Ken
The United Nations Agenda 21 and Agenda 30 are basically guidelines for countries to control the masses. The term "sustainable" is used instead of "Population Control".

zirlottkim":2wkdu3z3 said:
wbvs58":2wkdu3z3 said:

Ken
The United Nations Agenda 21 and Agenda 30 are basically guidelines for countries to control the masses. The term "sustainable" is used instead of "Population Control".

Thanks for that. Well I hope there is more emphasis on that aspect. Yes we must be responsible with what we do but a lot of this carbon reduction and trading to get the figures lower is so ridiculous it is mostly just fiddling the books and in Australia us farmers are bearing the brunt of it.

Ken

wbvs58":1cqmnb2z said:
zirlottkim":1cqmnb2z said:
wbvs58":1cqmnb2z said:

Ken

Thanks for that. Well I hope there is more emphasis on that aspect. Yes we must be responsible with what we do but a lot of this carbon reduction and trading to get the figures lower is so ridiculous it is mostly just fiddling the books and in Australia us farmers are bearing the brunt of it.

Ken

Don't feel like the lone ranger, supposedly cattle are the reason we have water and air pollution here in the states. And the farmers have ruined the everglades in Florida, even though there's less farms and more people than ever.
People are cancerous to the earth.

Believe none of what u hear and only half what u see. Haha,same shyt different day.mighty cold this morning.

zirlottkim":2xodpmiv said:
wbvs58":2xodpmiv said:

Ken

This is the first I have heard about agenda 21 please tell me what it is about. Is it a law that we are to abide by.

hurleyjd":1fmja590 said:
zirlottkim":1fmja590 said:
wbvs58":1fmja590 said:

Ken

This is the first I have heard about agenda 21 please tell me what it is about. Is it a law that we are to abide by.
Google it.....simply type in "Agenda 21". ;-)

hurleyjd":1njjwvu7 said:
zirlottkim":1njjwvu7 said:
wbvs58":1njjwvu7 said:

Ken

https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/c ... enda21.pdf I had been hearing about it and read through it a few years ago. Basically it is the United Nations dictating to world how to live, where to live, where not to live, what to eat, what not to eat,(Animals, in particular beef is not acceptable protein...legumes are) , where to fish, where not to fish, what to produce, what not to produce, who to accept as neighbors, who not to accept, how to travel and what means of transportation is acceptable and what isn't(bicycles are acceptable). The idea is to group everyone in large cities and work in mass producing factories so travel is very limited. They developed maps showing extreme "wildlife area" where everyone is prohibited from entering. The prohibited areas took up most of the land masses. Also, they developed a plan for implementing their goals by getting people involved in local governments. Federal tax incentives and massive grants push local govts to implement the process. More affluent nations are taxed and funds are sent to poor nations with strict guidelines that meet U.N. agenda. It is a well thought out plan for controlling the world. Combating "Global Warming" and our "UN-Sustainable future" is the supposed goals.

zirlottkim":36au8peg said:
hurleyjd":36au8peg said:
zirlottkim":36au8peg said:

https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/c ... enda21.pdf I had been hearing about it and read through it a few years ago. Basically it is the United Nations dictating to world how to live, where to live, where not to live, what to eat, what not to eat,(Animals, in particular beef is not acceptable protein...legumes are) , where to fish, where not to fish, what to produce, what not to produce, who to accept as neighbors, who not to accept, how to travel and what means of transportation is acceptable and what isn't(bicycles are acceptable). The idea is to group everyone in large cities and work in mass producing factories so travel is very limited. They developed maps showing extreme "wildlife area" where everyone is prohibited from entering. The prohibited areas took up most of the land masses. Also, they developed a plan for implementing their goals by getting people involved in local governments. Federal tax incentives and massive grants push local govts to implement the process. More affluent nations are taxed and funds are sent to poor nations with strict guidelines that meet U.N. agenda. It is a well thought out plan for controlling the world. Combating "Global Warming" and our "UN-Sustainable future" is the supposed goals.

So planning for the future is not reasonable. You have convinced me not to worry about tomorrow because tomorrow will never come. In the future I suspect we all will have to learn to do with less. We have no frontier to explore and move to no place west to send orphans to. Look at what happens when you over stock this is the same reason that future thinkers know that we have to plan ahead.

TexasBred":rd07oui1 said:
hurleyjd":rd07oui1 said:
zirlottkim":rd07oui1 said:

I have read about agenda 21 one person in Tyler Texas raised the agenda 21 on a local station. The mayor of Tyler was interviewed about agenda 21. She said it is nothing but a plan for the future to keep the population going. In Tyler we will have to have infrastructure to serve the growing population. We cannot wait until time the infrastructure will be needed we have to plan for it now.
Yes I have read about agenda 21 also Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh version of agenda 21. I have even seen the concentration camps by Beck that he says are ready, Actual what he showed you were camps in North Korea. He even showed you air conditioned ware houses in California that were to be used as gas chambers. Come to find out they were nothing more than air conditioned warehouse for Am track.

hurleyjd":wt9qnxdy said:
TexasBred":wt9qnxdy said:
hurleyjd":wt9qnxdy said:

I have read about agenda 21 one person in Tyler Texas raised the agenda 21 on a local station. The mayor of Tyler was interviewed about agenda 21. She said it is nothing but a plan for the future to keep the population going. In Tyler we will have to have infrastructure to serve the growing population. We cannot wait until time the infrastructure will be needed we have to plan for it now.
Yes I have read about agenda 21 also Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh version of agenda 21. I have even seen the concentration camps by Beck that he says are ready, Actual what he showed you were camps in North Korea. He even showed you air conditioned ware houses in California that were to be used as gas chambers. Come to find out they were nothing more than air conditioned warehouse for Am track.
I've never read the Rush or Beck books on the topic. But, a person doesn't have to look around too much to see some of the regulations and laws pursuing the U.N. goals.