Nephew Injured in Iraq

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowherefords

Reaction score
I have a nephew who is about a six year Marine. He recently went to Iraq. Found out that he had his lip nearly torn off at night by something hanging from a passing truck.

Another nephew just completed basic training in the Air National Guard.

Greenwillow,

That's terrible. Sorry to hear about your nephew being injured. Hopefully he will receive the best of care and recover fully.

Chris

I am sorry to hear about your nephew being injured and hope he will be fine very soon and come back home to his family where he belongs.
Swiss Cowboy

i ditto the sentiments above and hope all goes well for them...

jt

greenwillow, everyone's sentiments are mine as well. Prayers to both your nephews, to heal well and to be safe. And a thank you to both for serving our country.

Katherine

Greenwillo, hope he gets better soon. Next time you see him tell him thanks for his service from a bunch of strangers.

many times since this whole iraq thing started, i have sat back helplessly and watched the news and wondered what i could do to make a difference...so, i chose to make "small" differences to show support!! yes, i have the ribbons on my car (you know, the magnetic ones??!! i have 3) and i have a camouflage silicone bracelet on my right arm that states "Support our Troops"...which i do 100%!!! your nephew will be in my prayers tonight as well as each and every soldier overseas tonight..wondering if they will make it home!! God bless!!

Just IMHO, but I think a very good way to show our support for the troops, and in particular for those who perhaps need it the most, is to make a nice monetary donation to organizations like Disabled Amvets, or Texas Paralyzed Veterans, etc. The folks those types of organizations serve have made some really big sacrifices on behalf of our country. ( I imagine most, if not all states, have some organization such as the Texas Paralyzed Vets).

Sometimes we hear about charities squandering their endowment and spending a lot of the $$ on administrative costs and not actually helping the needy. I'll admit that I've not looked into the annual reports, etc. of the two above listed organizations, and perhaps I should. But I've been aware of and supported their programs for many years and I honestly can't recall ever reading anything negative about them.

Just something to consider. Thanks, AZ

When the guys come back in our neighborhood I usually just show up on their doorstep with a couple of pizza's. I tell them thanks for their service, the least I can do is buy them supper. I also give them a silver dollar dated the year they served. It has a lady liberty walking across the plains with a shield. She is supposed to be spreading peace, She is also clutching arrows in the other to protect that peace. I think this coin fits the job those soldiers are doing. PM me your address and I'll send him one.

Bama":30tdfr0v said:
When the guys come back in our neighborhood I usually just show up on their doorstep with a couple of pizza's. I tell them thanks for their service, the least I can do is buy them supper. I also give them a silver dollar dated the year they served. It has a lady liberty walking across the plains with a shield. She is supposed to be spreading peace, She is also clutching arrows in the other to protect that peace. I think this coin fits the job those soldiers are doing. PM me your address and I'll send him one.

what an incredible idea...let's them know in a personal and face to face way how you appreciate them!!! :D

GWH,

Also have a nephew in the Corps. Hope you Nephew is allright, and heals up good. They (both your Nephews) have my utmost respect for serving our country.

what an incredible idea...let's them know in a personal and face to face way how you appreciate them!!!
This goes back a long way. When I was a baby my older brother was called up. I grew up having a brother that I only saw about once a year. As a little tot I read everthing I could on this "Vietnam" I wanted to know what it was and what it had to do with my brother. As I got older I started seeing the disrespect that was shown toward these guys. These guys were heros and were treated like dirt. My brother spent 20 years. After he came out we have became really close, but I'll never forget the way some were treated when they came back to American soil.

Support our soldiers, they are the reason we are live in the land of the free

greenwillowherefords, I surely hope your nephew is going to be allright. I have the upmost respect for any of our young men and women soldiers that goes into a war zone. Anything can happen when your in harms way. I, for one, will not let happen to our troops in Iraq that happened in VietNam, no respect, called baby killers, spit on, you get the picture. Some people say they support the troops, and I hope that just isn't lip service or they say that just because that's the thing to say. Anyway, I'll get off the box now. Greenwillowherefords, man thats a long name to type. Can I call you GWH, would that be allright? Otherwise I'll have to cut and paste your name into any messages. I end up retyping the name because I've screwed it up. Rambling,rambling,rambling.

To anybody that has sons, daughters, or any relatives in Iraq or Afgahnistan or ANY hot war zone, you have my respect.

Dick Austin

Latest posts