Neighbour just brought me a present

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
9-05-08_Goats_060.JPG

9-05-08_Goats_061.JPG

9-05-08_Goats_063.JPG

Couple of hours old, little ewe lamb, mum was a first timer and couldnt count to two.

Her head is so much larger than her little body! AWWWWW!! I want her!!!! I am afraid she'd walk right through my pipe fence. We aren't set up for lambs.

AWE sooo cute Keren. I wish I had a neighbor like yours ;-) .

I know you will do a great job raising it. How could a mommy reject such a cutie. :???:

Hillsdown, Lammie, if you were closer you could have her!
I didnt really want a poddy cos I'm full to capacity with goats as it is and I have no inclination to add sheep. And he has 10 more ewes to lamb so I just wonder how many I'm gonna end up with!

But what do you do when someone comes along and says do you want it? If not I'll knock it on the head. My whole community knows I never say no. The difference in this one is that usually when people bring me a lamb its almost a week old, no colostrum, no suck reflex -- its hard. This one took to the bottle straight away, strong as anything.

Lammie - she hasnt figured out she can fit through the mesh on the front of that cage yet! Thank goodness!

Hillsdown, mum is a Merino, so that basically answers why she rejected a lil cutie :roll: Honestly they are hopeless.

I wish I lived by somebody that gave away lambs. :( I can't even find anybody that sells their lambs (other than for show...can't make any money off of those).

Latest posts