Needs some Help - JohnDeere 2130 - Hydrolic problems

Help Support CattleToday:

mbdexter

Reaction score
Hello

Looking for some help. I have a john Deere 2130 with a loader and I am having Hydrolic problems.

I am having an issue loosing all hydrolics on the loader for short time. When the tractor is first started I will have hydrolics but they are very slow to react. Then 10-15 minutes later I will lose all hydrolics for a couple of minutes, Let the tractor sit and then they will start working again but they are still very slow.

The fluid is full and the filter was changed about a year and half ago. There may be a total of 300-400 hours put on the tractor since the fluid was changed.

Could there be water in the system? Where I live we have been in a cold system for the last two months (Manitoba, Canada). Coldest Winter in the last 60 years.

Really hoping that this is not a pump issue. The tractor is older and I really do not feel like an expensive repair bill at this time.

I was going to try changing the fluid and the filter again. Just waiting for things to warm up. The tractor is in a non-heated building.

Looking for any thoughts or idea.

Thanks

Im pretty sure your slow hydraulics is due to the cold yall have been having. Losing control could be the same problem.

Have you had this problem when it has not been cold?

If the tractor is sitting for a time between uses I'd suspect the cold as well..

Have you tried putting a heater under the tractor to warm things up and see how it works?

First, change your filter and check in the bottom of it to see if you see any metal shavings in it.
Check your oil, see if it is milky; if it is, you have water in your oil.

Latest posts