Need some help!! - Favorite songs

Help Support CattleToday:

It has been 26+ years since my bride and I walked down the asile hand in hand. At our wedding we had the song "Always & Forever" played. Today, in our busy world we still sign the notes or memos to each other with "A & F". Just a way to confirm it was, is, and will be Always & Forever.

MoGal":u0b4mg4w said:
The wedding is 19 days away and since this board seems to be pretty much in the age group of 40 to 70 years, what are some of your favorites?? that I could play at my wedding reception that people would enjoy dancing to or even just listening to.

Your help is greatly appreciated. If you don't know who sings I can do a search by song title.

Congratulations, MoGal! :D I wish you and your groom-to-be a very long, happy, and prosperous life. As to songs for your wedding reception, may I suggest Just Another Woman in Love by Anne Murray, Unconditional Love by George Straight, Keeper of the Stars by Tracy Byrd, All I Have to Offer You is Me by Charlie Pride, Close Enough to Perfect, and Love in the First Degree by Alabama, You Are the World to Me by Brad Paisley, You're My Everything by Brad Paisley, and Ty Herndon has a very fitting song, too, but I can't remember the name of it.

I cross my heart by george straight and just because it's a good reminder sometimes, God bless the USA by Lee Greenwood

dun

cfpinz":1cnqx4j6 said:
ranchwife":1cnqx4j6 said:
Ned Jr.":1cnqx4j6 said:
"Never going to let you go" by George Strait

Heck, ANYTHING by George Strait would be perfect!!! :D :D

Even his new one: Just give it away? :lol:

cfpinz

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
hadn't thought about that one!!!

how about the song LeDoux sang "Tougher than the Rest"...and the duet that Clint Black sang with his wife "When I said 'I do' "......and Tim and Faith's duet "It's Your Love"...and Allen Jackson's "Remember When"!!

At our wedding, I had them play "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" and sang it to my husband and his song back to me was "Love stinks". Some may think that this was mean, but we are not normal anyhow :) LOL It all has to do with the humor that made these songs possible, after all if you take everything seriously you will have no fun.
;-)

Well, it seems everyone covered the pop country songs pretty good which I made a CD of for cruisin but here is another list of cruisin songs you may find good ones in.

Title Artist Year
"409" Beach Boys 1963
"No Particular Place to Go" Chuck Berry 1964
"Born to Be Wild" Steppenwolf 1968
"Crosstown Traffic" Jimi Hendrix 1968
"American Pie" Don McLean 1972
"Born to Run" Bruce Springsteen 1975
"Paradise by the Dashboard Light" Meatloaf 1977
"Highway to Hell" AC/DC 1979
"On the Road Again" Willie Nelson 1980
"I Can't Drive 55" Sammy Hagar 1984

"Maybellene" Chuck Berry 1955
"40 Miles of Bad Road" Duane Eddy 1959
"Hit the Road, Jack" Ray Charles 1960
"Wheels" String Alongs 1961
"Stick Shift" The Duals 1961
"The Wanderer" Dion 1962
"Ramblin' Rose" Nat King Cole 1962
"Route 66" Nat King Cole 1962
"Detroit City" Bobby Bare 1962
"500 Miles" Bobby Bare 1962
"Let's Go Trippin'" Dick Dale 1962
"Little Deuce Coupe" Beach Boys 1963
"Six Days on the Road" Dave Dudley 1963
"Dead Man's Curve" Jan and Dean 1964
"Little GTO" Ronny and the Daytonas 1964
"Little Honda" The Hondells 1964
"King of the Road" Roger Miller 1965
"Mustang Sally" Wilson Pickett 1966
"America" Simon and Garfunkel 1968
"I Can See for Miles" The Who 1968
"Crossroads" Cream 1969
"Hitchin' a Ride" Vanity Fair 1970
"Roadhouse Blues" Doors 1970
"Truckin'" Grateful Dead 1970
"Goin Up Around the Bend" Creedence Clearwater Revival 1970
"Country Roads (Take Me Home)" John Denver 1971
"Take It Easy" The Eagles 1972
"Ventura Highway" America 1972
"Hot Rod Lincoln" Commander Cody 1973
"Ramblin' Man" Allman Brothers 1973
"Keep on Truckin'" Eddie Kendricks 1973
"Carefree Highway" Gordon Lightfoot 1974
"Convoy" C.W. McCall 1976
"Life in the Fast Lane" Eagles 1976
"Barracuda" Heart 1977
"Cars" Gary Numan 1979
"Drivin' My Life Away" Eddie Rabbit 1980
"Cruisin'" Smokey Robinson 1981
"Drive" Cars 1984
"Pink Cadillac" Bruce Springsteen 1984

How about hirin' me, Crowder, paint, flaboy and some other friends to scrub off a few tunes for the blessed event? We ain't much to look at but we clean up pretty good.
Course we ain't cheap - travel expenses is rough.

Bullbuyer if you all are in southeast MO on Oct 14th then by all means please stop by. We had to change the plans as the church got hit by an F4 tornado so we're having the wedding and the reception at the school gym. So there will be plenty of room for a few extra guests.

A big thanks to all of you for your suggestions and I'm adding them to the collection as I want to have something for everyone and I hadn't thought about adding some kid songs but that is a great idea.

Thank you for the well wishes.... we really are a perfect fit, a good team to be yoked together. I know there will be times when he will gee when I haw but we'll work it out.

Bullbuyer":122nrlgk said:
How about hirin' me, Crowder, paint, flaboy and some other friends to scrub off a few tunes for the blessed event? We ain't much to look at but we clean up pretty good.
Course we ain't cheap - travel expenses is rough.

Yup, put a big ol cowboy hat on, and sunglasses and you won't be able to see much of our ugly mugs. I have also been known to wear a bandanna over my face for long hot rides. I probably have enough of them to go around. :lol:

Latest posts