Need some advice on a bull (no pictures)

Help Support CattleToday:

jnowack":1uobumda said:
Hill Creek Farm":1uobumda said:
jnowack":1uobumda said:
Hill Creek Farm":1uobumda said:
A scurred bull will not through you a scurred calf or a horned calf. You will be safe. :cboy:

Sorry got to call B.S. on that one. You need to get your facts straight.
Well, that is within my herd. We used a good scurred bull by 29F and bred a good many cows to himand none of the calves got scurs or horns. :cboy:

You were lucky. It's kind like flipping a coin and getting heads 20 times in a row.
Do you own a scurred bull? If so, put him in with some really good polled cows and see what the results are in 9 months? If don't get any scurs, then I wasn't full of B.S. :cboy:

Hill Creek Farm":3p2p53y4 said:
jnowack":3p2p53y4 said:
jnowack":3p2p53y4 said:
A scurred bull will not through you a scurred calf or a horned calf. You will be safe. :cboy:

Sorry got to call B.S. on that one. You need to get your facts straight.
Well, that is within my herd. We used a good scurred bull by 29F and bred a good many cows to himand none of the calves got scurs or horns. :cboy:

You were lucky. It's kind like flipping a coin and getting heads 20 times in a row.
Do you own a scurred bull? If so, put him in with some really good polled cows and see what the results are in 9 months? If don't get any scurs, then I wasn't full of B.S. :cboy:

I have used scurred bulls as herdsires in the past. I am not sure what to say to you at this point. If you do not understand how the genes work try reading the article about it....the link is on one of the earlier posts. I am not doubting that you did not get scurs or horns out of your scurred bull. I am saying that you can get them. Even if you only breed him to homo polled cows that do not carry scur genes the probability of his bull calves being scurred is 25%. For you to say that a scurred bull will not throw scurs or horns is, like I said before, B.S.

I have given out this quote before,

"some people if they dont know, you CANT tell em" :shock:

jnowack,
He dont know and well you cant tell him.

MD

redfornow":2v5bjv08 said:
I have given out this quote before,

"some people if they dont know, you CANT tell em" :shock:

jnowack,
He dont know and well you cant tell him.

MD

Thanks.
There is a lot of truth to that.

Hill Creek Farm":q52now83 said:
Caustic Burno":q52now83 said:
Hill Creek Farm":q52now83 said:
I would like to look up your registered bulls on the Hereford Website. I would just like to see there backgrounds and EPDs. They are really nice bulls in work closes. Thanks! :cboy:

Here is the sires number P41036321 the other Sire P23312912
and last but not least P21834167
Caustic, The one bull is KCF Victor 08N X4, Braxton Giant 1, and other one is STAR Lineman 147H. For one, X4 is dead and I know Giant 1 is did and the other one is owned by K BAR K Ranch. Are these bulls that you AI with? Can't be your herd bulls.
Or are your herd bulls sired by X4, Giant 1, 147H? :cboy:

I said they were my bulls sires I not putting out my registration numbers with my name and address for the world.

Latest posts