Need help with my history homework, please help.

Help Support CattleToday:

show steer up

Reaction score
Hi everyone :D

It's been months since I've logged on and now you know why. :shock: I'm back in college trying to finish up my degree in Emergency Medicine. My history class has given me an assignment where I have to interview people who have been to Europe. Since I don't know anyone out here who has taken this adventure maybe one or more of you have. My instructor gave me the o.k. to try and complete this assignment on line with all my cattle friends. :clap:
Sooooooooooo, if you have ever been to Europe please give all the details.
I need to know where you went, cost, how long you were there, what you saw, what was your favorite part of the trip, did you like the people and how where they different from us in the US. Thanks so much :pretty: and I hope someone has traveled to Europe.

i went to Paris and some nearby places in france. i was there for about a week. i'm not sure about cost...i was 13 so it wasnt important. the trip itself was actually a "free" deal that ChemNut (chemical sales) rewarded my uncle's cotton gin with for selling X amount of their chemicals and he didnt want to go that year so he let my mom and i go. We went to the Louvre and saw the Mona Lisa, we went to the Notre Dame, The Sacred Heart, the Eiffel Tower, The Arch D' Triumph, took a pontoonboat down the Seine River, went to Versailles and some of the nearby Chateaus. We went to McDonalds. i always ordered "lemonade" to drink which was actually ginger ale. There were gypsies on the streets with bells on their toes and they had little kids that they used as pickpockets. the people werent really friendly or rude, everyone just kind of did their own thing and stayed out of the way of others. Drivers were crazy! I liked going to all the Chateaus b/c we had to travel out in the country to get to them and i got to see all the farm land and countryside and the grounds at the chateaus were all really nice. i remember one chateau was on a river and it had like a mote around it and there were swans swimming around it and that was cool. I also liked the Notre Dame a lot (big stained glass windows) and the view from the Sacred Heart was really nice. i was there in the fall and i remember it as being really drab--the people all wore black and gray and brown--and the buildings looked stained with smog. it wasnt uncommon to see people walking down the sidewalk munching on a big long stick of bread. i remember i put sugar on my mcdonalds fries b/c i couldnt read french and that wasnt very good. oh we also ate at the hardrock cafe one time. the waitress came up and asked if we knew what we wanted in french and i pointed at the fried chicken and she was like "oh you want the chicken" and i was relieved that she spoke english.

show steer up":33o6balf said:
Hi everyone :D

It's been months since I've logged on and now you know why. :shock: I'm back in college trying to finish up my degree in Emergency Medicine. My history class has given me an assignment where I have to interview people who have been to Europe. Since I don't know anyone out here who has taken this adventure maybe one or more of you have. My instructor gave me the o.k. to try and complete this assignment on line with all my cattle friends. :clap:
Sooooooooooo, if you have ever been to Europe please give all the details.
I need to know where you went, cost, how long you were there, what you saw, what was your favorite part of the trip, did you like the people and how where they different from us in the US. Thanks so much :pretty: and I hope someone has traveled to Europe.

If you need any help from someone who lives in Europe just pm me and I will do what I can. I have travelled to a lot of places within Europe. Cyprus, France, Turkey, Greece, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Malta and Italy to name a few, it doesn't take long from England to get to these places.

i would probably go back and get a lot more out of it now that i'm older and can appreciate it more. at the time i wasn't very impressed. the architecture was nice but thats about all i enjoyed (in the city). its not up high on my list of places to travel though. i'm glad i got to go once but there are other places i'd rather see.