Need help with lute

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I had a friend ask me today about kick starting a cows heat cycle on lute. I tried a search but got too many hits. I think or feel you can use lute to abort an unwanted preg by does it help kick start a cycle? I pretty sure it does but the search was a tough way to go. So what is it synch with just lute and will it abort an unwanted breeding.

Thanks, just wanting to give good info.

it will make them abort up to maybe 3 or 4 months bred not sure of that time. It will make them cycle if there at the right spot of the cycle if you give them a shot they should cycle from 3 to 7 days if not give them another at 10 days after the first shot and that should do it.

The problem with lute is that unless she's at the right time in her cycle it won;t do diddly. To jump start them we just use the old standby of a shot of GnRH follwed 7 days later by lute. The GnRH makes them start a new follicular wave and the lute causes them to come into theat based on that new wave.

what Dun said, plus, a non-cycling cow won't have a corpus lutium for lute to work on. The gnrh helps a little bit but a cidr is the best way to make sure she has a cl when you give her the lute.

Latest posts