Need help on hay baler

Help Support CattleToday:

chadreed

Reaction score
We have a New Holland 688 that is a twine wrap that one of the gear's (sprocket) has some how had the teeth broke on it. I was curious if anyone knows how to get into them and how to get the roller's out. If you know of a place online that has diagrams of it then let me know. I know its hard to tell you what exactly it is that's why I was hoping for a website that might have a shop manual on it.

go to your new holland dealler and usually the mecanics can help you out that is what we do it is fast and easy. we have a 688 round baller also but it is net wrap

we bought a used baler last year, of course it had no manuals with it, i found a operators manual and a technicians manual on e-bay, has helped alot, you just have to watch and spend sme time shopping through there.....good luck
i think i spent maybe 30.00 or so on one and 50.00 something on the other one.
samm

Did you get your baler working? If it is a broken tooth on a gear it can be saved. You or someone can build up weld and reshape a tooth or teeth on it with a grinder. Depending on what the metal is it can be MIG'd, TIG'd, Brazed, or even arc welding with the right rod.

Latest posts