Need help choosing a name

Help Support CattleToday:

I made the list
I made the list!! :banana: :pretty: 8)

I am so used to people thinking my suggestions are strange.

RiverSide Cattle":1a1kzvyl said:
Madeline is now on the list, I like that name.

That's our granddaughter's name. Madelyne May to be exact. I always liked the name Catherine, spelled any number of ways. If I'd been a girl, my name was going to be Dawn Marie, but not really crazy about that. By the way, congratulations and good luck.

Congratulations.....my two Daughters are Wendy Suzanne and Natasha Ellen. Other names on the list were....
Penelope
Lucy
Victoria
Sally
Chloe
Clara
Cynthia
Eliza
Leia, but Leia Lee was a bit of mouthful.
Leeann
Rachel
Reebecca

My daughters name is Whitney. My wife was asleep when Whitney was born so I filled out all the paper work. When My wife woke up she asked me how I spelled Whitney and I said "W.h.i.t.n.i." I told her I was kidding before she got her hands on me. :)

Wendy is another good name.

Walt

Txwalt":d2q2bptt said:
My daughters name is Whitney. My wife was asleep when Whitney was born so I filled out all the paper work. When My wife woke up she asked me how I spelled Whitney and I said "W.h.i.t.n.i." I told her I was kidding before she got her hands on me. :)

Wendy is another good name.

Walt
That's funny because when one of my Girls was born I abruptly changed her name from Harley to Tayler after my Wife's C-Section and she was too groggy to make sense. I've often regretted not sticking with her original name, but figured she'd be ridiculed her entire life with "Harley"

When i was pregnant we had a hard time coming up with a girl name too. The year before we had a heifer I named Claire and I always liked that name. :heart: My husband didn't think we should name a kid after a calf but I prevailed and my daughter has a great story to tell her friends. Plus a lot of people love the name, it's not very common, and my Claire is definitely one of a kind :D

It seems like most would say Whitney is a girls name. I always thought so but my wife went to school with a male Whitney and really didn't like him so she isn't keen on using that name.

She liked: Olivia, Emma (even though it is overly used), Sara, Madeline, Lea,
I liked Wendy, and no I am not stuck on a "W" name just liked it.

-RSC

Wanted to name mine "Meadow Muffin" ,,,Turned out to be a boy,so the name is still available. ;-)

L.A.":1ksaeyd9 said:
Wanted to name mine "Meadow Muffin" ,,,Turned out to be a boy,so the name is still available. ;-)

Meadow Muffin? I think I scooped some of those out of the barn the other day and out then in the garden.

Oh no, those were donkey muffins. My bad.

I think I have had good luck with donkey names:

Ruth Anne
Clara
Sara
Ada
Martha
Grace, (name on the papers is Amazing Grace)

I always liked the names where she can be nicknamed a "guy" name... in case she turns out to be something other than a girly girl... probably from my friends in high school

Alexandria --> nickname: Alex (Alex from high school was a kick in the pants)
Maxine --> nickname: Max
Nichole --> nickname: Nic (Nic and I could race canoes faster than anyone)

...that being said, our daughter is named Amber Adalee (Adalee is her grandmothers name)

Congratulations!

We have 2 kids, the first was a boy and had a hard time coming up with a name til we both agreed on Jacob. The second was a little girl, and my husband picked out her name which I had to modify but he agreed. First it was going to be Allis Chalmers (what he runs) but I was very set on naming her after my mother, which is Sue, so we came to an understanding with Allison Sue. While in the delivery room, the doctor asked if we had a name for her and my husband piped up with the Allis chalmers story and told the doctor that was her name and he thought that it was weird and unusal, and then my husband went on to add she has a brother named "John Deere" and I really think that if he wasn't so against them tractors, my little Jacob would have been a John Deere!!!
But on names, besides my two kids names, I like Jordon, Kaden, Joshlin, Jackson, Macee, Haylee and Jayden

Good luck on it and let us all know when it happens!!

;-)

Anastasia
Alexandra
or maybe Victoria
It needs to be a powerful name in these days!

Latest posts