Need copy of a land lease agreement

Help Support CattleToday:

LonghornRanch

Reaction score
I am going to lease some land from a neighbor. Does anyone have a standard land lease form?

Plus it's raining in Texas....... sure does smell sweet!

I keep copies of land leases in my truck but not sure if my stuff that's legal in va would be applicable to your location. The best thing is have a lawyer draw up a basic land lease agreement its not too expensive and then have a blank section where you can fill in stipulations and you and land owner initial. Make copies your good

Agreed on the attorney. Law varies from state to state plus your local attorney sees lots of leases each year and generally has a good idea if the rent is market (what other people are paying/receiving), common provisions for your local area to put in leases, and can get you started with a lease that you can retool in the future.

This rental agreement from Iowa State looks super thorough if not a little cumbersome. It was likely designed under Iowa law and would not be for use in every state so would still consult your local attorney:

https://www-mwps.sws.iastate.edu/sites/ ... 476870.pdf

May be this is way too long time to reply to this thread, but I feel if any one is looking for the same requirement then this is the best place one I can refer to you. All kinds of rental lease agreements.

I use Illinois farmdoc.com. It has really good fill in the blank sets of leases and rental agreements. You can add or subtract items that are specific to your individual needs.
These docs are created by the University of Illinois.

Latest posts