Need color matching help

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":1zeop3ip said:
Most of the pictures that I've seen, the A model pickup was black. But then again all the old time pictures are in black and white. :D Nice truck Dun.
Never seen an all black Model A, Ts yes. Those came in any color you wanted as long as you wanted black. Once Henry started offering colors (in 29) almost all of the trucks I've seen have been 2 tone. Frequently black fenders but red or green body

I like the the dark green and black fenders, with the black wheels and tires myself. But most folks don't seem to care for the plain Jane type of vehicles anymore.

dun":34fz34o8 said:
This link is for the Ford colors, trying to figure out which one match the actual truck, forget the yellow
truck.jpg
I can't help you with actual colors, but...
Bonnie [and Clyde] Blue would work with the brown fenders and yellow wheels.

My Grandpa (who lived up near your old stomping grounds, Edmonds) had one of those pickups when I was a little kid. Gosh, I am dating myself because it wasn't a shined up show idea but is haul stuff around pickup. I remember it being a dark green. Somewhere there is a picture of his old tuck with an elk head tied to the front bumper. The horns reached around the hood and back to where they nearly touch the windshield. As a kid I was more impress by the elk than I was the truck.

Dave":37tfbzwa said:
My Grandpa (who lived up near your old stomping grounds, Edmonds) had one of those pickups when I was a little kid. Gosh, I am dating myself because it wasn't a shined up show idea but is haul stuff around pickup. I remember it being a dark green. Somewhere there is a picture of his old tuck with an elk head tied to the front bumper. The horns reached around the hood and back to where they nearly touch the windshield. As a kid I was more impress by the elk than I was the truck.
Back in the late 50s I saw a green and black truck in a junk yard in north seattle. I wanted that thing something awful. My dad said the 300 bucks they were asking was way to much for an old truck. Only took me 50 some years to finally be able to get one. I would have liked the green and black, but this one is just fine with me. Wish I could have gotten it for 300 bucks, but this one is on a lot better shape than that one was.

Latest posts