Need color matching help

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
This link is for the Ford colors, trying to figure out which one match the actual truck, forget the yellow
truck.jpg

If we knew what year my hubby cold tell you the exact color. He is loading up a couple head to go to the yard and one for the butcher other wise he would be in here now.

1929 would have been moss green and black fenders. They are real Ford colors but not for the closed cab truck. Hubby said to look at Model A restores club web site they can get you going the right way on colors.
1930 Type 82B closed cab pickup that should get you going the right way.

It's a 31. It was restored in 1999 and the paint is chipping in a few spots. Been thinking of taking it down to bare metal and repainting, or just touching up the colors it has. Like the colors and would go back with the same paint job if I do strip it down.

Workinonit Farm":3mrr4y9n said:
NICE truck!!! :)
More or less my daily driver till it blew another dam head gasket. Engine is a week or 2 from being rebuilt from scratch, gonna start on the trans in the next day or 2.
The old guy (89 years old) that's rebuilding the engine and pouring the bearings has a 30 coupe. He's got a lot more money in it then I have in the truck, but he worked over the shocks and that thing rides as good as my 13 year old ranger pickup. No squeaks, rattles even on a dirt road.

Very nice.. I probably wouldn't take it down to bare metal, but scuff up what you got and respray. So much easier and at this point I think you'd have at least as good results.

Most of the pictures that I've seen, the A model pickup was black. But then again all the old time pictures are in black and white. :D Nice truck Dun.

Kingfisher":g5jr6hxf said:
dun":g5jr6hxf said:
Still need help with the colors!

Any thoughts?
You can't figure out if it's Tacoma or cigarette creme?
Yeah, the color doesn;t really match any of them that well. Could be the difference between color chips and actaul faded out color.

Latest posts