Need answers on Beefmaster bull bloodlines

Help Support CattleToday:

I know you are probably right bigbull.....Color was not one of the essentials, But angus was not part of it either. 50 % brahma,25% shorthorn and 25 % hereford. I remember some of the old brahma bulls use to be black or black and tan. It could be possible to have a black animal if one of those types were used . I know of one black beefmaster bull borned that had no angus influence at all. That is, it was black with the red high lights in it Not knowing what he had, the guy had it butchered. Because beefmaster were not black, he thought there was something wrong with it.
He kicks himself a few times a day for that mistake.

Joy in Texas":17cptai4 said:
I know you are probably right bigbull.....Color was not one of the essentials, But angus was not part of it either. 50 % brahma,25% shorthorn and 25 % hereford. I remember some of the old brahma bulls use to be black or black and tan. It could be possible to have a black animal if one of those types were used . I know of one black beefmaster bull borned that had no angus influence at all. That is, it was black with the red high lights in it Not knowing what he had, the guy had it butchered. Because beefmaster were not black, he thought there was something wrong with it.
He kicks himself a few times a day for that mistake.
well now what im about to say i dont know tobe true.but its what i heard about black beefmasters.i heard a guy in missouri put a bunch of cows in BBU grade up program.an that is where the black beefmaster got its start.an yes i heard that angus was in the mix somewhere.the way i look at it beefmasters can be all differant colors anyway.

Joy in Texas":1gpjlajz said:
If I were you I would steer away from anything out of soulman. It was proven in court that he had angus blood in him. Here is a letter we recieved from BBU concerning Soulman.
lastscan4.jpg

From reading the letter, it seems that Mr. Jones was alittle mad about the outcome of the meeting. Since he resigned after the meeting. Like I said in my previous post, we used to have registered beefmasters. Beefmasters are one of the best breeds in my opinion, but I believe they should remain the common colors that they started with. One of the reasons we got out of the registered side of the beefmaster is because the everyday average breeder can not compete with all the high rollers in the breed. But that is probably in any breed. The soulman bull I was looking at purchasing is $1200. Maybe the above letter is why the people are selling him cheap. (Based the other black beefmaster bull prices you see around)

how old was that soulman bull for $1200.a year ago this month i bought a 2yr old son out of mufasa.an his bloodlines trace back to painted tiger as well as a dunkins 4d bred cow.

bigbull338":36hnz9ws said:
how old was that soulman bull for $1200.a year ago this month i bought a 2yr old son out of mufasa.an his bloodlines trace back to painted tiger as well as a dunkins 4d bred cow.

I believe he was 2 years old. I did not go look at him yet.

stelg":15hcyy4m said:
bigbull338":15hcyy4m said:

I believe he was 2 years old. I did not go look at him yet.
if he looks good an will fitt what you want id get him.but if he dont look good dont get him.i gave $1500 for the reg bull i bought a yr ago.an he was a coming 3yr old.he will be 4 in may.

my bull is out of polled tiger, son of painted tiger. I posted a pic of him about a year ago. I have a bull calf of his on the ground now.

I also heard that the owner of Soulman had sold so much semen and breeding rights that if the animals could not be registerd, he would have lost his shirt. Once the deal was made, he sold out.

ok so what would happen to the semen out of soul man in storage tanks after June 12,2007 ? Are they saying it can't be reg or what ?
I don't understand any of this mess. It was proven soul man was not a purebred. But because someone would lose so much money . Go ahead and reg. the off spring. ??????????? To me thats a wrong answer. Oh,well they all should have cut their losses.

babies have to be born and registered by June 2007 to be eligible. You could still use the semen but could not register the animals.

I agree it is not right.

Latest posts