Need advice on how to treat calf injury.

Help Support CattleToday:

Thats where the duct tape or electrical tape comes in to play. If you put it over the bandage the wound will heal before they can lick the dressing off. Just don't leave it on to long. Leave some gaps in it also for a little airflow.

i doubt it, they might drown themselves trying to drink water. not to mention how loud the moos would be...

sidney it is funny that you mentioned the neck cone thingy :lol: , cuz we had definitly thought of trying to do something like that with our calf....we got so desperate to make her quite licking that i went and bought a great big mans shirt at the good will so i could put it on her front legs and button it up around her neck and make her leave the front arm pit places alone....my husband just kinda looked at me with that look... :lol: but dang when ya have tried every thing else (but patience, in my case at the time) we didnt use the shirt, it went in the rag bag. we get tickled sometimes when we see her out in the pasture, and remember the wierd stuff we put on her.....but in the end all was well. desperate times call for desperate/different measures.... :lol: :lol: :lol: