Need advice on a manure spreader

Help Support CattleToday:

shaz

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to get alot of chicken litter dumped over here and I'll be able to get it in the future as well so I need a spreader.

Problem: The reason to spread it myself is due to topography. I have some tight places and some really scary hills so weight is an issue. I plan to use a 50hp 4wd tractor. Spreader needs a fairly low profile as well.

Been looking at Pequea. Are they worth looking at?

shaz":5an0glkw said:
Looks like I'm going to get alot of chicken litter dumped over here and I'll be able to get it in the future as well so I need a spreader.

Problem: The reason to spread it myself is due to topography. I have some tight places and some really scary hills so weight is an issue. I plan to use a 50hp 4wd tractor. Spreader needs a fairly low profile as well.

Been looking at Pequea. Are they worth looking at?
I have been told a reg manure spreader doesn't work well at all on spreading litter
everyone around here has a reg litter spreader which is more like a lime spreader with heavier chains and straighter sides
the ones I was looking at were running in the $15k range

Pequea makes a litter/lime spreader. I don't know the price. Used litter spreaders around here a pretty well rusted up.
A box spreader will work if you use a pan. Run the beaters fast, and the drag slow.

I have a client that runs a Pequea with a small John Deere tractor on some pretty good hills. The Pequea seems like a heavy duty machine.

hayray":1j43rme6 said:
I have a client that runs a Pequea with a small John Deere tractor on some pretty good hills. The Pequea seems like a heavy duty machine.

Is he spreading manure or litter?

Latest posts