NECowboy Is Going on a Diet

Help Support CattleToday:

NECowboy

Reaction score
Alright everyone it's official I'm going on a diet. Wanting to shrink down from my current 275 lbs to at least 240 or below. The straw that broke the camel's back was my extreme intolerance this summer to any kind of heat and humidity (even mid 80s was giving me trouble). I feel if I lose significant weight that will help me regain heat tolerance again significantly for next summer. Any advice on dieting strategy - eliminating or reducing carbs, smaller meals and snacks throughout the days, what sample meals, snacks this would actually consist of. Wish me luck!

M-5":3az0b6xz said:
I'll work you up a plan , but your GONNA have to do exactly what I say for it to work.

Will do. You and fence have permission to unleash a can of whoop azz on me if I don't! :lol:

M-5":2axii3ug said:
I'll work you up a plan , but your GONNA have to do exactly what I say for it to work.

Please post it when you do. I do those low carb things and lose 5 or so, but then the wife will cook a skillet of cornbread...

I lost 50 pounds just from the meds for congestive heart failure, but I wouldn;t recommend it.

dun":35eizp84 said:
I lost 50 pounds just from the meds for congestive heart failure, but I wouldn;t recommend it.
I probably take some of those same meds--I've put on 15 lbs in the last 2 months.
I know what the problem is tho..........since mid-July...

slick4591":2ho2tme4 said:
M-5":2ho2tme4 said:

Please post it when you do. I do those low carb things and lose 5 or so, but then the wife will cook a skillet of cornbread...

I love pizza, pasta, cornbread, mashed potatoes and gravy, Mac and cheese etc going to be very hard to cut carbs. I was raised on a meat carb and vegetable at each meal so hard to get out of that mindset.

Maybe I'll go take some of duns meds!! :lol2:

greybeard":3bqxumwt said:
dun":3bqxumwt said:
I probably take some of those same meds--I've put on 15 lbs in the last 2 months.
I know what the problem is tho..........since mid-July...

Wow that's a lot of blue bell, why do you stack the lids up like that?

Drink a big glass of water before you eat any meals. And like Fenceman said drink nothing but water, coffee or tea no SUGAR drinks. Stay away from deserts, breads and fast foods and don't pig out at the table. Or just get up and jog a mile or two every morning and take a walk with the sweetie every night after supper. Easier said than done, good luck.

Drink a big glass of water before you eat any meals. And like Fenceman said drink nothing but water, coffee or tea no SUGAR drinks. Stay away from deserts, breads and fast foods and don't pig out at the table. Or just get up and jog a mile or two every morning and take a walk with the sweetie every night after supper. Easier said than done, good luck.

True Grit Farms":1u1e7orm said:

Grit why drink glass of water before meal does that suppress your appetite? What do you think about Diet Pepsi? Thanks.

NECowboy":26xy2x30 said:
True Grit Farms":26xy2x30 said:

Grit why drink glass of water before meal does that suppress your appetite? What do you think about Diet Pepsi? Thanks.
Water fills your stomach so you don't eat as much. Water is hard to beat once you acquire a taste for it. Soft drinks make you soft and fat.

alisonb":2cc4jfms said:
Eat what you like but work it off ;-)

That's part of my problem I have a desk job! I was looking at Muay Thai class (done that before long time ago and loved it) but it's like a 2 hour round trip and don't have time to commit to that more than one night a week which would be worthless. Got a treadmill but need to use it. Was looking at getting this for the basement:

https://www.amazon.com/Century-Wavemast ... B000EZWSNS

if your serious about losing weight follow this plan to the letter , YOU WILL lose weight if you a normal healthy adult.
Here are the rules.
No SALT , No SUGAR, No DRINKS (coke, pepsi and the like)
There are several ways to go about preparing your meals but I will give you an easy method. cook a couple days at a time I like to grill the meat Protein for about 3 days in advance , Get you several variety's of seasonings so you do not have to eat the same flavor every day. a full size chicken breast deboned is 2 meals. use that as your meat portion size or the size of your palm thickness and diameter (fingers and thumbs are not to be used when measuring) You want to cook enough to pack your lunch box for a day. You will eat every 2 hrs.
6am Breakfast-2 to 4 eggs , black coffee, tea or water
bowl of oatmeal sweeten with raw fruit

8 am 4oz chicken , 2 baked potatoes( only season it with salt free products) about the size of golf ball, (red B size work well for this) a vegetable about 4 ozs also it can be raw steamed or boiled (carrots , celery, green beans, broccoli etc )

10am Repeat what you had at 8 am feel free to change veggies

12pm repeat what you had at 10am change veggies and change protein you can have about 3 oz of a center cut pork chop or stay with chicken

2 pm repeat 8am meal

4 to 5 pm is supper Chicken , lean pork or lean beef or wild game in the prescribed portion with a tater and a couple veggies (raw , steamed or boiled)

7 pm , an orange or grapefruit

Nothing fried , no pizza , no pasta .

after about 3 or 4 days you will wake up you will want to eat a horse.

I did this plan and lost over 70# in 6 weeks and only walked about 15 min on the tread mill each day . I only did that because I wanted to eat again around 8 or 9 pm . It is not a cheap way to loose weight because you will eat 3 or 4 times what your used too. this type of program is good for people that work in an office and can pack a lunch box , I used one that jethro would have been embarrassed to tote. I also have no aversion to eating cold food so I only ate warm meals at breakfast lunch and supper the rest of the time it was cold chicken.
take a good multi vitamin also.

True Grit Farms":17o4mt5c said:
NECowboy":17o4mt5c said:
True Grit Farms":17o4mt5c said:

Water fills your stomach so you don't eat as much. Water is hard to beat once you acquire a taste for it. Soft drinks make you soft and fat.
Guess I've heard diet drinks aren't much better for ya then the full sugar versions.

I do love tea but find the unsweetened version disgusting! :lol2:

Tea and coffee is no different than water. You just need to acquire a taste for it. Believe it or not all water is not created equal, same cane be said for coffee and tea.

Latest posts