NECowboy Is Going on a Diet

Help Support CattleToday:

Have you talked to your Dr about a lifestyle or diet plan that works specifically for you? That could be a game changer. Lots of great advice on this thread but also vastly different. Some people can't tolerate fruits/veggies, others need a lot of protein, blood-sugar/cholesterol/triglycerides/etc should all be taken into consideration. Regardless of how you choose to alter how & what you eat, upping your activity level is necessary as well as being mindful of why you're eating (truly hungry, bored/stressed, it's noon, therefore "time" for lunch, etc).

The more I pig out the fatter I get. Drink plenty of water and don't pig out and no desserts. Everybody knows what is good for them to eat, and what they shouldn't eat.
Just do it.

TCRanch":3ixe0r8u said:
Have you talked to your Dr about a lifestyle or diet plan that works specifically for you? That could be a game changer. Lots of great advice on this thread but also vastly different. Some people can't tolerate fruits/veggies, others need a lot of protein, blood-sugar/cholesterol/triglycerides/etc should all be taken into consideration. Regardless of how you choose to alter how & what you eat, upping your activity level is necessary as well as being mindful of why you're eating (truly hungry, bored/stressed, it's noon, therefore "time" for lunch, etc).

I was going for annual check up next week anyways I should ask!

True Grit Farms":27arj7l5 said:
The more I pig out the fatter I get. Drink plenty of water and don't pig out and no desserts. Everybody knows what is good for them to eat, and what they shouldn't eat.
Just do it.

Like fried shrimp, deep fried turkey, hush puppies, fried green tomatoes and all that good ole southern food. If I came down and visited ya I would probably gain 20 pounds. Bring some good eats with ya if you come up to Kansas this year! :lol2:

NECowboy, there are conditions called hyperglycemia and one called hypoglycemic. Hyper is over- like hyper active, hypo is under like hypodermic needle(under the skin). The bodies BS is either too high or too low.

Hyperglycemia is essentially diabetes, because BS levels are too high, however hyperglycemia can be other conditions without being diabetes.

Hypoglycemia is when the body produces too much insulin. With the hypoglycemic, the over production of insulin eventually wears the pancreas to produce less insulin and often times becomes diabetes.

So typically, one with hypoglycemia eats small meals and usually has some protein which helps level out the BS is it absorbs into the blood stream much slower then carbs.

Here's a link that explains it better then me!

http://www.healthclop.com/hyperglycemia-vs-hypoglycemia-symptoms-and-differences/