Nearly died

Help Support CattleToday:

That's no good Walnut, I hope you are recovering well and no permanent disability. I recently had a vehicle mishap but fortunately came out of it unscathed but every day I think to myself how lucky I was.

Ken

Scary! Can't imagine the fright that would give you. We had a cow sleeping on the highway out the front of our place, i would have felt terrible if anyone had hit her and got hurt. Guy drove in and told us. All we can think is others must have driven around her. Not a real busy road at night but busy enough.

WalnutCrest said:
Hitting a full grown cow at 65 mph is bad for her health, the truck and you.

FYI.

Totaled a 69 GTO on one in 1972 and a 72 Chevy in 73. Allstate ask me to look for insurance else where. Both times pitch black night. First one was a five car pile up on a half dozen cows in the road, looked like a Dukes of Hazard movie.

Almost (nearly) only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. My road there are cows on the road more often than not. As a result we don't drive 65mph on this road.

A guy I road to work with hit a horse one morning. We were doing about 50. My knee left a permanent dent in the glove box.

When I was in high school a neighbor hit one of our cows in a Mecedes, it completely destroyed the car, but didn't kill the cow. About 3 weeks later she gave birth to a live calf.

M-5 said:
must be time for another paycheck .

https://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=92418&hilit=totaled+truck#p1147076

Inferring either was intentional is quite missing the mark.

KS is an open range state. No fault to livestock owner.

Been way closer than that. The dying is easy. Coming back is rough.
December 15th 2015, went in for a hernia surgery. Died in the recovery room of a massive heart attack. Widowmaker they called it. Had I been anywhere but there it would have been the end.
A couple days later was washing up and couldn't get some brown spots off my chest. It was where they had shocked me to get me back alive. Don't recommend it to anyone else.

WalnutCrest said:
Dave said:
Almost (nearly) only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

Almost also counts in thermonuclear war. FYI.

True enough. In fact you don't even need to be close with a thermonuclear bomb. But both horse shoes and hand grenades are easier to get a hold of than a thermonuclear bomb.

kenny thomas said:
Been way closer than that. The dying is easy. Coming back is rough.
December 15th 2015, went in for a hernia surgery. Died in the recovery room of a massive heart attack. Widowmaker they called it. Had I been anywhere but there it would have been the end.
A couple days later was washing up and couldn't get some brown spots off my chest. It was where they had shocked me to get me back alive. Don't recommend it to anyone else.
I played baseball with a kid that had died before

Years ago when i was doing AI work I had just finished up late at night. 2 calves jumped out in front of me and hit them both.

Had a neighbor a few years ago coming home from work and he hit a cow and she rolled over the top of his pickup and ended up in the bed of his pickup.

Unfortunately this happens, but thankfully WalnutCrest, you survived!

Latest posts