Nearly 60 people were shot in Chicago over the weekend

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Probably can't top that in any city in the world...........Only 6 fatalities out of all that shooting though, as they do need some practice it appears...

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/08/20 ... ent-crime/

CHICAGO (CBS) — Nearly 60 people were shot in Chicago over the weekend, six of them fatally, including two missing teenage boys found dead in a field late Sunday night. The bloodshed made for the second most violent weekend of the year in Chicago, and the second weekend this month at least 60 people were shot.

I think the mayor needs to enact a fast and furious program for Chitcago. That way they can sort it out between themselves. And just the welfare and foodstamp savings in the generations to come would balance the budget.

this is what happens when you take away guns from law abiding citizens.

I hope I don't get this thread locked from that viscous, factual, statistical, non racist, but possibly racist, comment.

ddd75":1y698tk7 said:

I hope I don't get this thread locked from that viscous, factual, statistical, non racist, but possibly racist, comment.

???????

Another flagged thread and post.
This is getting to the point of ridiculous.

hurleyjd":33gsbica said:
ddd75":33gsbica said:

???????

Mod2":33gsbica said:

Must be me I guess.. I must be really pushing some buttons on some people.. Just LOOK what I wrote in this thread.. Wow..

ddd75":nb8lrf6f said:
hurleyjd":nb8lrf6f said:
ddd75":nb8lrf6f said:

???????

Mod2":nb8lrf6f said:

Must be me I guess.. I must be really pushing some buttons on some people.. Just LOOK what I wrote in this thread.. Wow..

Son, it is not difficult to see why. You inject the words "race", "racist", "white", etc into many of your posts. I hope that helps you out.

BTW: It was not me who flagged it. So far, I still have never flagged a post.

Bright Raven":34k5l9ct said:
ddd75":34k5l9ct said:
hurleyjd":34k5l9ct said:

Mod2":34k5l9ct said:

Son, it is not difficult to see why. You inject the words "race", "racist", "white", etc into many of your posts. I hope that helps you out.

show me any posts I have made that are not based on factual references and statistics.

You REALLY think what I said in this thread.. not referring to ANYTHING but my comment.. was bad and a user was so upset by it they needed to hit the CALL THE MOD button ?? lol. The media is doing a superb job.

ddd75":ra68lzir said:
Bright Raven":ra68lzir said:
ddd75":ra68lzir said:

show me any posts I have made that are not based on factual references and statistics.

You REALLY think what I said in this thread.. not referring to ANYTHING but my comment.. was bad and a user was so upset by it they needed to hit the CALL THE MOD button ?? lol. The media is doing a superb job.

Facts ain't got nothin to do with it. IT IS SUBJECT MATTER.

It doesn't matter what I think or you think. It is really simple, go on a "word diet". You know the words.

Bottom line is that it doesn't matter whether it's factual or not. It doesn't matter if it's statistical or not. It doesn't matter if it's public opinion or not. It all boils down to forum rules. Some things are not allowed. And while I don't like all the rules myself, if I want to play here I've got to follow them.
And one more interesting thing. Rules are a good thing. They keep people in check. If we didn't have rules on CT then it would get way out of hand, like the rest of the world
I'm not scolding you ddd, as I'm not offended by your posts, only trying to help if you're really wondering what the issues are with SOME of your posts.

I'm confused as all heck. The thread and a post was flagged as per Mod2. Mod2 acknowledges the flag publicly; and, as evidenced by the fact this thread is not locked, must have determined there was no violation of the board rules??
So what's with all the chatter? I didn't see any politics, religion, name calling, or threats in any of the posts. The word "racist" was used; however as an adjective, not a noun. Discussions on racism, in the past have been tolerated on CT so along as rules were not violated: name calling, cussing, threatening, etc.
Am I missing something?

bball":3gdkcs65 said:
I'm confused as all heck. The thread and a post was flagged as per Mod2. Mod2 acknowledges the flag publicly; and, as evidenced by the fact this thread is not locked, must have determined there was no violation of the board rules??
So what's with all the chatter? I didn't see any politics, religion, name calling, or threats in any of the posts. The word "racist" was used; however as an adjective, not a noun. Discussions on racism, in the past have been tolerated on CT so along as rules were not violated: name calling, cussing, threatening, etc.
Am I missing something?

I deleted a post instead of locking the thread.

Mod2":38nfudjq said:
bball":38nfudjq said:
Am I missing something?

I deleted a post instead of locking the thread.
Thank you for the clarification. :tiphat:

bball":2z4gmrin said:
Am I missing something?

Brad
I think Mod2 explained it. In a broader sense, IMO, what you might be missing is the "Tone" of many of ddd75's posts. For want of a better way to say it, they seem to express a prejudicial tone. Not necessarily this one but there is a pattern. You may be too busy to detect it.

Someone getting offended and flagging a post doesn't get the thread or post deleted or locked. Rules do! If merely flagging a post caused a thread to be locked or deleted there would be a lot of blank pages.

Bright Raven":18po9jqz said:
bball":18po9jqz said:
Am I missing something?

Brad
I think Mod2 explained it. In a broader sense, IMO, what you might be missing is the "Tone" of many of ddd75's posts. For want of a better way to say it, they seem to express a prejudicial tone. Not necessarily this one but there is a pattern. You may be too busy to detect it.

none of my posts were deleted in this thread.

Mod2 is talking about someone else.

The truth is the only thing I share, you can take it however you want.

I'm currently working for a black man and he agrees with my thinking 100%....

ddd75":32lvem6b said:
Bright Raven":32lvem6b said:
bball":32lvem6b said:
Am I missing something?

Brad

Of course I can take it as I want. You don't need to give anyone that permission. Hope you understand that.

BTW: Prejudicial has a different meaning than racist. I have no clue whether you are racist. IMO, however, as all of us are - your posts reflect prejudice. Prejudice is a word of very broad scope. So don't be defensive.

Mod2":2blshpid said:
Someone getting offended and flagging a post doesn't get the thread or post deleted or locked. Rules do! If merely flagging a post caused a thread to be locked or deleted there would be a lot of blank pages.

it's been said many times before.. its macons play ground and macons rules.. he has selected people to enforce the rules and to use their judgement on things.. everyone wants the freedoms to do what they want on their property or something they own this is no different. My suggestion is to abide by the rules/heed the moderators warnings or get booted. Pretty simple imo

Bright Raven":2axetwxs said:
ddd75":2axetwxs said:
Bright Raven":2axetwxs said:
Brad

Of course I can take it as I want. You don't need to give anyone that permission. Hope you understand that.

BTW: Prejudicial has a different meaning than racist. I have no clue whether you are racist. IMO, however, as all of us are - your posts reflect prejudice. Prejudice is a word of very broad scope. So don't be defensive.

thanks .. I know the meaning.. and I didn't give you permission.. I told you to take it how you want..

try to keep up

ddd75":2icj1lgm said:
Bright Raven":2icj1lgm said:
ddd75":2icj1lgm said:

thanks .. I know the meaning.. and I didn't give you permission.. I told you to take it how you want..

try to keep up

Ok