Near disaster this afternoon

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
We've been thinning some timber along the river and one of the trucks broke down in the road late this afternoon. The straw boss takes a Cat 545 skidder down the county road to pull the truck out of the road. On a straight away a 90'ish chevy blazer driven by Jose something or other comes barrelling down the road with his cruise control on and - I assume - his eyes on his keypad and rams into the back of the skidder. Thankfully for Jose the knuckle was in its locked position so it swung with the momentum absorbing some of the energy of the collision. Thankfully only the vehicle was totalled and no one was injured. I told Jose that God undoubtedly had a purspose for his life cause by all rights he should be dead. As for the straw boss, just as we know the foundation of modern medicine is built on a large pile of corpses we now know that the impact of a blazer travelling at 65 mph hitting a skidder travelling 10 mph is similar to a bug hitting the window on your car. Maybe everyone learned something today. Till tomorrow! :tiphat:

Jo i would fire the strawboss, a good skidder man would have caught the chevy with the grapple lifting it off the ground and shot the fuel to the skidder to absorb the forward monmentum of the blazer. Could have then set it back down when the dust settled. Glad nobody was hurt.

3waycross":13zitnzv said:
Did anyone check to see if Jose was here legally??????????

Oh at the brush and tinder you lay before my feet to build a fire. :nod: I'll be nice and say that I've heard of laws such as this but never seen one enforced. Also, fining his employer would do little to keep him off the road and he did have insurance - not that it matters in this situation.

Latest posts