National Farm Machinery Show

Help Support CattleToday:

I really hope I can make it this year. It has been many years, but last time I was there I had a great time. I'm waiting to hear for sure, but I might be heading to Hawaii in February for work and that would be a tough job to turn down.

sstterry":3aoi7hwe said:
Hook2.0":3aoi7hwe said:
sstterry":3aoi7hwe said:
He invented and marketed a Barbed Wire un-roller after he retired. Thanks for the offer, but alas work will not let me away.

I've bought a bunch of those the last couple years. Always lose them.

His patent expired years ago and the big mfg's started having them made in China. I always told him that he invented just because I went away to school and he didn't have me to unroll his wire for him any more...

You probably did. He traveled a lot selling it at the various farm shows and had contracts with Southern States and other farm stores. The artwork on the cardstock, that some of the manufacturers are still using today, was drawn by one of his former students Ag students. Also, the Greenville Sun did a big two-page human interest story on him and his teaching career and his transition into retirement and selling the un-roller. I didn't hurt, that the writer of that piece was also one of his former students :)

kenny thomas":21xlnlv7 said:
Who else is coming and we need to decide which day or days?

Nothing set in stone, but if I do make it out it'll be Fri/Sat.

True Grit Farms":o39ioqko said:
At least you don't have to drive through Atlanta or worse yet Nashville to get there.

I'm going to assume you've been to the Sunbelt Ag Expo down in Moultrie? If so, how do the two compare?

cfpinz":97l9jyst said:
True Grit Farms":97l9jyst said:
At least you don't have to drive through Atlanta or worse yet Nashville to get there.

I'm going to assume you've been to the Sunbelt Ag Expo down in Moultrie? If so, how do the two compare?
Yes we go to Moultrie every year, I think Louisville is larger and has more farm related vendors. Weather isn't a big deal when your inside looking around at all the equipment. Moultrie is neat because there's probably 500 acres of crops grown yearly just for the expo and each manufacturer has the chance to strut their stuff. Making hay is a big deal in Moultrie and this year hay day was rained out.

True Grit Farms":uo858m7m said:
cfpinz":uo858m7m said:
True Grit Farms":uo858m7m said:

Yes we go to Moultrie every year, I think Louisville is larger and has more farm related vendors. Weather isn't a big deal when your inside looking around at all the equipment. Moultrie is neat because there's probably 500 acres of crops grown yearly just for the expo and each manufacturer has the chance to strut their stuff. Making hay is a big deal in Moultrie and this year hay day was rained out.

Thanks. I've always wanted to go to the one in Moultrie, just haven't made it there yet.

cfpinz":3et5qla6 said:
True Grit Farms":3et5qla6 said:
cfpinz":3et5qla6 said:

Thanks. I've always wanted to go to the one in Moultrie, just haven't made it there yet.
Swing by a pick up Kenny and JL and come on down next year. I have a nice camp to stay in and will cook some fresh seafood and prime steaks.

True Grit Farms":2vzbh1t8 said:
cfpinz":2vzbh1t8 said:
True Grit Farms":2vzbh1t8 said:

Swing by a pick up Kenny and JL and come on down next year. I have a nice camp to stay in and will cook some fresh seafood and prime steaks.

Where do you buy your prime steaks? We've had good luck with Costco.

TennesseeTuxedo":7hl5twmj said:
True Grit Farms":7hl5twmj said:
cfpinz":7hl5twmj said:

http://www.mtmeatco.com
By far the best meat shop that I've been to so far. Plus the beef is GAR genetics. Someone else told me Costco has really good meat, I have no idea where one would be around here though.

True Grit Farms":3kphr3tl said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3kphr3tl said:
True Grit Farms":3kphr3tl said:

http://www.mtmeatco.com
By far the best meat shop that I've been to so far. Plus all the beef is GAR genetics.

Thanks, looks good.

True Grit Farms":2igfyglk said:
cfpinz":2igfyglk said:
True Grit Farms":2igfyglk said:

Thanks for the invite.

If I swing by and pick up those two, I might as well start adding to the bail fund now!

I will be there Friday and Saturday hopefully some of y'all will be around I would like to meet some new people as well.

Looks like I'm going to make it there on Friday after all.

What kind of head count is there, and is Kenny paying for lunch again this year?

cfpinz said:
Looks like I'm going to make it there on Friday after all.

What kind of head count is there, and is Kenny paying for lunch again this year?
Not sure on the head count yet but heck yes Tennessee Tux is paying. Lol