Mystery Seduction, Abduction or Murder

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5":1ywxeops said:
He will be back as soon as he get thru with his rounds

Maybe never been out of sight this long before and his food bowl in the tractor shed
hasn't been touched. Yotes were cutting up close to the house the other night might have
caught him out in the open.

If he hasn't been neutered, he may just be out "cattin' around". If he has been nutted, I definitely would be concerned.

Hopefully he's just out on the prowl.

I have acouple of extras if you need one. 8)

When mine goes on extended walkabout, he always comes back ------- tore all to blazes but with a look of satisfaction on his bewhiskered face.

Workinonit Farm":28egmsoj said:
If he hasn't been neutered, he may just be out "cattin' around". If he has been nutted, I definitely would be concerned.

Hopefully he's just out on the prowl.

I have acouple of extras if you need one. 8)

You are not touching this cat that is what I like about him.
Put out a little food and he does his job in the barns and shops.
He has went tom catting around before just never this long.
This will be the forth night he has been gone if he doesn't show up by morning.

Before he died my dad had a big ol' dog that just came up to the house. Must have weighed 125 lbs. He was constantly "dating" the ladies around town and gone half the time. Dad took him to the vet and had him neutered. Ol' Hobo layed around a couple days til he felt better then disappeared again. About the 2nd day he was gone Dad mentioned to the neighbor that Hobo had disappeared again even after he had him neutered. Neighbor said "Don't worry about him. He's just out there cancelling all those appointments he had made earlier". :lol2:

Jogeephus":xmyd36jh said:
Caustic Burno":xmyd36jh said:
Jogeephus":xmyd36jh said:
If he don't turn up I got a few I'll sell you real cheap.

Thanks but no thanks.
Old Tom is the only one I ever let stay here, we had an understanding.

Ok. How bout if I buy them to you?

Thanks but No.
Tom has been the only one to ever survive the audition.
Don't hang around the house or rub on anyone.

I've had lots of cats go missing here.. yotes and owls are the most likely suspects.. Last one was a neutered male.. had him a whole 2 weeks before he vanished

Nesikep":2lxozsee said:
I've had lots of cats go missing here.. yotes and owls are the most likely suspects.. Last one was a neutered male.. had him a whole 2 weeks before he vanished

I have started thinking owl seen a big Horned owl sitting on top of the telephone pole
over the night light when we came in from church last night.

I lost a kitten to a hawk once. I actually seen it swoop and get it. Unfortunately, the hawk was involved in a serious farm accident a few days later.

I have had a spayed female go missing for almost 2 weeks at a time up in OR. Always came back in one piece. Every time, I though she wasn't coming back...........

I suspect that sometimes they hitch a ride in a trailer or something, then find their way home.
I had one get in a trailer full of mules one day here in CA. Luckily he was discovered when the driver got home, and returned. :mrgreen:

The two I lost were fearless cats, the tom in particular.. he'd go wandering in the middle of the cows, then the cows would encircle him, and then he would get a bit nervous and dart out through their legs

Another big orange tabby I had (neutered) was deathly scared of *everything*.. he lived a pretty long life because of it, but he wasn't very interesting either.. the only time you could go up to him was when you were at his food dish.

We have two outside cats currently, started with 3. Both neutered males, full brothers. One, Hawk (named by my, at the time, 1 1/2 son) will go to the neighbors 1/4 mile away, fight their cat and follow you to the bottom of the field in the pitch black night. His brother, Dot, never ventures more than 300 fee from the house. When we're out in the field there's always two little eyes in one spot when you look around with the headlamp...they never move. He just sits and waits for you. They're both friendly as heck as they were hand raised. Here's the funny part, though. Hawk does not like our son at all. Dot, however, will allow him to pour water on him, pick him up, tug his ears/tail/legs. He just doesn't care. He's pretty awesome.

CB, you ever find your cat?

Caustic Burno":1rkssmjf said:
Nesikep":1rkssmjf said:

I have started thinking owl seen a big Horned owl sitting on top of the telephone pole
over the night light when we came in from church last night.

I hope Old Tom show back up soon. Junior, the young tom that "adopted" us this spring, hasn't been seen in 3 days. He's usually seen at least once a day,near his bowl. The old fixed momma cat is still around, saw her coming across the pasture around 5:15 this morning.

Latest posts