My Limousin steers stats from the processor

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Took 5 Limousin steers to the processor on Sept. 29 and got the beef back today. Heaviest one weighed 1140 pds. and dressed out at 675 pds. Lightest was 970 and dressed out at 600. We kept 2 of the beefs for ourselves, family and friends that want to cherry pick and buy some. We sold the other 3. I'll try and take some pics of the different steaks, etc.

bigbull338":11c3l2uq said:
sounds like you did real good on your dressed weights.

Yeah, I was pleased. Now if my freezers will just hold up. My big chest freezer is keeping it frozen but is pretty hot down where the compressor is. I guess it's working hard.

tncattle":1p18nxlk said:
Took 5 Limousin steers to the processor on Sept. 29 and got the beef back today. Heaviest one weighed 1140 pds. and dressed out at 675 pds. Lightest was 970 and dressed out at 600. We kept 2 of the beefs for ourselves, family and friends that want to cherry pick and buy some. We sold the other 3. I'll try and take some pics of the different steaks, etc.

Glad you did well on them. As they say..thats alot of beef!

Now you need to compare the weight of the cut beef and see what kind of yield you really got.
We cut tenderloins, and flank steak out of a three year old lim heifer that wouldn't breed back...ground the rest. The beef sold out almost immediately..94% lean and the best flavor that I can remember from one of our animals...a couple of monhs on oat hay could have helped.
Dave Mc

Latest posts