My Honesty award vanished.

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score
I guess I'm going to have to wait a while longer for my award. I was only joking around, and so was Inyati. Maybe someone got offended, and if they did I apologize. Jezz, let's have a laugh or two and if we're lucky we might learn something.

It was literally only up for a few minutes. I've been at a conference all day (bored to death). Been checking CT off and on all day. It went poof about as quick as it went up.

I just cant get on here early enough to see it all. There should be a way some of us can see the posts that have been deleted for the first 24 hours afterward. :mad:

There must of been something after, I said thanks buddy. I went hunting so I missed what was said. But I still wanted my award though.
That would be nice Kenny. The mods do a good job, I'm sure someone crossed the line.

highgrit":jp98za4x said:
There must of been something after, I said thanks buddy. I went hunting so I missed what was said. But I still wanted my award though.
That would be nice Kenny. The mods do a good job, I'm sure someone crossed the line.
And Im sure it wasn't you that crossed the line.

Darn I missed this one, ah...... Maybe you can just post it again and let's see what happens. :mrgreen:

highgrit":2o06wqdr said:
I guess I'm going to have to wait a while longer for my award. I was only joking around, and so was Inyati. Maybe someone got offended, and if they did I apologize. Jezz, let's have a laugh or two and if we're lucky we might learn something.

I was ruminating on the recent postings during some of my chores yesterday. It struck me how openly honest you are in posting. You don't waste effort competing in popularity contests. You don't waste effort in pandering and patronizing. You don't service someone else's agenda. Your thoughts and values are presented in the raw. I thought that deserved recognition. So I served it up dripping in humor that I thought would be an ointment for some of the recent activity on Cattle Today.

I hope whoever saw it got a good laugh. IMO that was a good one. It didn't take long for you and me to have a friendly exchange. Your response about not being able to open the link to my award was funny. After that, I saw a post about splitting embryos in another thread and I made a comment there. When I came back, "poof", my thread was gone. I don't think there was time for a complaint. My guess is the moderator thought that subject has just about been worn out over recent days. I am sure dun knew it was in fun. It may not be obvious but you and I have always had some personal contact. Maybe opposites attract or something like that.

Bigfoot, it was a compliment to highgrit, I admire his openness and honesty.

I've mentioned here before it's hard to show humor with a straight face when you can't see someones face. Writing, where the satire comes across, is a talent most of us don't have. I didn't see what High Grit wrote nor any of the responses but I have always appreciated reading most of the postings here even though HG is a flaming liberal who doesn't know the South end of a horse from the North (see what I mean about satire - its a joke, don't be offended). About 90% of what I post is satirical in nature. The technical stuff I post is meant to be accurate and informative.

Darn it, I missed it also!
I agree, it takes a talent to show humor in the written words. I love to joke around, but have trouble making it come across as funny sometimes. :p

Deepsouth":ue794xmj said:
branguscowgirl":ue794xmj said:
I agree, it takes a talent to show humor in the written words. I love to joke around, but have trouble making it come across as funny sometimes. :p

Are you kidding?

no DS shes not kidding. I was able to determine from her sentence structure she was being very SERIOUS.

M-5":n0hnv2q4 said:
Deepsouth":n0hnv2q4 said:
branguscowgirl":n0hnv2q4 said:

Are you kidding?

no DS shes not kidding. I was able to determine from her sentence structure she was being very SERIOUS.

Are you serious?

I think an imoge could have cleared it up. Maybe a :mrgreen: when your joking. Some people should use :drink: when they are posting drunk.

confused-animal.jpg

M-5":3rhvugqu said:
Deepsouth":3rhvugqu said:
branguscowgirl":3rhvugqu said:

Are you kidding?

Oh never mind! :dunce:

Latest posts