My Goldmine Babies

Help Support CattleToday:

They always nap by the hay bale it seems...
Lil farts dont realize they can be stepped on by dem hungry mamas pushing and shoving. Drive me crazy!
Especially when u go looking and they are covered in hay and dead asleep!

Good lookin critters ya got there!

Good looking calves. Looks like Goldmine passed his rump on. Keep us updated

frieghttrain said:
Thats an old bull. Calves look real thick!

Yeah he was a hot up and coming new sire when we first got started with black simmentals. Back in the early 00's. I remember because we bought a paternal brother "Double J Wes" whom the owner was saying was better than his hot going paternal brother Goldmine. Wes was a grand champion himself and got us into the register business. Probably part of the reason I chose him. Amazing he's still in a major bull semen line up.

Here is the other two. Did have to pull them but its been the first ones pulled for a good long while. Thankfully I caught them at the right time and got live calves. Had got AIed 5 heifers on a timed AI and 4 stuck with 3 having bulls and 1 a heifer. Couldn't get much of a pic of one he is so friendly and just loves attention. I couldn't run him off to have enough distance to take a decent pic. Most times I need a good zoom.

pic for upload

I was just talking to someone the other day about bringing some older bulls back on some of these new young cows. I love calving season. Good luck with them.

Latest posts