june262007006.jpg

Limo/beefmaster bull calf
june232007018.jpg

june262007019.jpg

limo/beefmaster heifer-1 month old
june282007063.jpg

brahma/beefmaster bull calf 1month old
june232007013.jpg

Those are some beautiful calves youve got Joy! Poor Alice is going to faint when she sees them. That one heifer you saved tho-
she looks like one of those asian dogs with all the wrinkles, i forgot what they are called.

Look at the butt on that Bull Calf! Why will you get docked? I am not familiar with guidelines for Beefmasters.

I like the Brahman cross calf too!

Lots and lots of color that is for sure.

Beefy":2nkwtcpz said:
Those are some beautiful calves youve got Joy! Poor Alice is going to faint when she sees them. That one heifer you saved tho-
she looks like one of those asian dogs with all the wrinkles, i forgot what they are called.
Thanks beefy, I know I think of Alice everytime I go out to the pasture. The wrinkled one is so pretty. She's just covered in drapes. I think the dogs are called Sharpi

that red heifer is pretty but i had one like that one time (gorgeous!) with a bunch of extra underline and dewlap and she milked like all get out every other year. so i had to get rid of her.

that brahman x beef cross is much nicer than i would expect.

UCFLonghorn":1g0fpz2h said:
Look at the butt on that Bull Calf! Why will you get docked? I am not familiar with guidelines for Beefmasters.

I like the Brahman cross calf too!

Lots and lots of color that is for sure.
The bull calf is going to the sale barn and they'll dock me for the color. But I should make up the differnce in the weight. He is a chunk. And he is only 5 months old.

I tell you what people can say what they want about beefmasters. Just look what they can do. I've never had one of my straight limo calves look that beefy. I sent a pm to limomike. I told him we needed to start a new breed....We'll call them LIMMASTERS !!!!

beefmasters have really grown a lot in popularity in the last couple of years. i wonder why?

I'm not sure why,I've liked them ever since I saw my first one back in the late 70's. We just couldn't afford to buy any back then.
I myself think they are a universal breed. The cow do very well crossed with any other breed and so do the bulls. But they are also a good breed by themselves.

i think maybe in the future once they are accepted and marketed better that the paints wont get docked as much if they are identifiably beefmaster once the beefmaster meat quality is established. what say you?

Why do you get docked for the color of the hide isn't the meat the same color when it's removed.Really nice calves Joy but I like all the coloring.

I don't think you should say you are getting docked when you sell something with brahman in it. It is like selling apples as if they were oranges, you are not getting the price of bad oranges, but the normal price of apples.

Lord help you if that heifer grows into all that skin. Too bad that the goal is to get them heavier. I think the calves is what makes it soo much fun to be in the pasture.

she will always look that way. she should make a great moma im partial to soggy lookin babies like her. easy fleshing faster to mature hard to beat. id keep a eye out for her start cycling soon though.

I think you have a great bunch of calves! I don't know why you'd get docked. Beefmasters don't have a set hide color. Did you mean at the sale barn?

Also, I've been considering crossing my beefmaster with a limo and saw your bull. Have you done this a lot in the past and how do you feel about the results? I'd be interested to know.

Those are great calves, that paint bull calf is a hoss. You will get docked because of the ear and color. I cross Longhorn on Beefmaster and get some hellacious calves but if they have any color to them I give them away at the sale barn so I try not to go there any more. It's the buyer's way of getting free calves. They know what they're doing. When I first got into Beefmasters in the 80's I would get an extra 20 cents or more just because they had ear. I could sale pretty much all of my bull calves to commercial folks to breed on their mixed herds. But then the trend changes as it will again at some point. Black cattle won't always be in favor. Not knocking black cattle or anyone's breed of choice. It's funny how the market is so trendy though.

Beefy":2y0fgn8p said:
The breed of dog is called Shar-Pei (Pronounced Shar - Pay)

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts